Report NEP-AFR-2014-05-24This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Christian Zimmermann issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-AFR
The following items were announced in this report:
- Stephen Kingah, 2014. "Flockless Shepherd – Is South Africa’s Performance in African Security Governance Marginal?," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0382, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Phiri, Andrew & Nyoni, Botha, 2014. "The electricity-growth nexus in South Africa: Evidence from asymmetric co-integration and co-feature analysis," MPRA Paper 56145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Teka, Henok Gebremedhin, 2014. "Determinants and Impediments of FDI inflows in Ethiopia- A Firm Level Investigation," MPRA Paper 55955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2014. "Growth, Inequality, and Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa: Recent Progress in a Global Context," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Isaacs, Gilad, 2014. "The myth of “neutrality” and the rhetoric of “stability”: macroeconomic policy in democratic South Africa," MPRA Paper 54426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ogundipe, Adeyemi & Akinyemi, Opeyemi & Ogundipe, Oluwatomisin, 2013. "Foreign Land Deals in Africa: Implications for Agricultural Trade," MPRA Paper 56075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- KUEPIE Mathias & TENIKUE Michel & WALTHER Olivier, 2014. "Small businesses performance in West African border regions: Do social networks pay off?," LISER Working Paper Series 2014-06, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER).
- Ludwig, Markus, 2013. "Youth Bulge and Mid-Life Moderation: Large Cohort Size Effects, Economic Perspectives and Civil Conflict in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 53088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Vries, H. & van de Klundert, J.J. & Wagelmans, A.P.M., 2014. "The Roadside Healthcare Facility Location Problem," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2014-09, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Muhanji, Stella & Ojah, Kalu, 2014. "External debt and military spending: the case of Africa's conflict countries," MPRA Paper 56077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Item repec:cvh:coecwp:1569 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Francis Teal, 2014. "Employment Creation, Poverty and the Structure of the Job Market in Nigeria," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-18, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Christophe Muller, 2014. "A Test of Separability of Consumption and Production Decisions of Farm Households in Ethiopia," Working Papers halshs-00993393, HAL.
- Catia Batista & Tara McIndoe- Calder & Pedro C. Vicente, 2014. "Return Migration, Self-Selection and Entrepreneurship in Mozambique," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1417, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Jean-Yves DUCLOS & Abdelkrim ARAAR & Luca TIBERTI, 2014. "Multidimensional poverty targeting," Working Papers P102, FERDI.
- Meng, Ting & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Sarpong, Daniel & Resurreccion, Anna V. A., 2014. "Determinants Of Peanut Paste Eating Frequency In Urban Ghana: Does Household Members’Preference Matter?," 2014 AAEA/EAAE/CAES Joint Symposium: Social Networks, Social Media and the Economics of Food, May 29-30, 2014, Montreal, Canada 166089, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 2014. "Impacts of Asia’s Rise on African and Latin American Trade: Projections to 2030," 2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Macquarie, Australia 165805, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Ojeaga, Paul & Odejimi, Deborah, 2013. "Do Institutions Reduce Gender Discrimination? Evidence from Labor Market Participation Rate in Some Selected African Countries," MPRA Paper 55574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nmadu, Job N. & Simpa, James O., 2014. "RETHINKING THE TECHNICAL EFFICIENCY OF SMALL SCALE YAM FARMERS IN NIGERIA USING CONVENTIONAL AND NON-CONVENTIONAL INEFFICIENCY PARAMETERS(Powerpoint)," 2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Macquarie, Australia 165865, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Nathalie Guilbert & Karine Marazyan, 2013. "Being Born Out-of-Wedlock: Does it affect a Child’s Survival Chance? An Empirical Investigation for Senegal," Working Papers DT/2013/07, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Item repec:dau:papers:123456789/13298 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Mussa, Richard, 2014. "Food Price Heterogeneity and Income Inequality in Malawi: Is Inequality Underestimated?," MPRA Paper 56080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Getinet Haile & Ilina Srour & Marco Vivarelli, 2014. "Globalization and Technology Transfer in Ethiopia: Their Impact on Domestic Employment and Skills," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1498, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Tanguy Bernard & Stefan Dercon & Kate Orkin & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, 2014. "The Future in Mind: Aspirations and Forward-Looking Behaviour in Rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-16, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Mathilde MAUREL & Zaneta KUBIK, 2014. "Climate Variability and Migration: Evidence from Tanzania," Working Papers P104, FERDI.
- Alexander B. Lippert, 2014. "Spill-Overs of a Resource Boom: Evidence from Zambian Copper Mines," OxCarre Working Papers 131, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Alimi, R. Santos, 2014. "Does Optimal Government Size Exist for Developing Economies? The Case of Nigeria," MPRA Paper 56073, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rama Lionel Ngenzebuke & Bram De Rock & Philip Verwimp, 2014. "The Power of the Family: Kinship and Intra-Houselhold Decision-Making in Rural Burundi," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-29, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thorsten Beck & Haki Pamuk & Burak R. Uras, 2014. "Entrepreneurial Saving Practices and Reinvestment: Theory and Evidence from Tanzanian MSEs," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-15, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Julian C. Jamison & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2014. "Financial Education and Access to Savings Accounts: Complements or Substitutes? Evidence from Ugandan Youth Clubs," NBER Working Papers 20135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.