The Influence of Increased Foreign Competition on Industrial Concentration and Profitability
In: Developing Countries in the World Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- de Melo, Jaime & Urata, Shujiro, 1986. "The influence of increased foreign competition on industrial concentration and profitability," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 287-304, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zimmerman, Paul R. & Carlson, Julie A., 2012. "Critical import supply elasticities and the ‘imports-as-market-discipline’ hypothesis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 345-354.
- Thompson, Aileen, 2000. "Import Competition and Market Power: Canadian Evidence," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2000139e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- De Melo, Jaime, 1988. "CGE models for the analysis of trade policy in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3, The World Bank.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Rodrik, Dani, 1991.
"Pro-competitive effects of trade reform : Results from a CGE model of Cameroon,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1157-1184, July.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Dani Rodrik, 1989. "Pro-Competitive Effects of Trade Reform: Results from a CGE Model of Cameroon," NBER Working Papers 3176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mendoza, Edwin Gil Q., 1994. "Shipbuilding/Repair and Boatbuilding Industry," Research Paper Series RPS 1994-07, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Aileen J. Thompson, 1999. "Import Competition and Market Power: Canadian Evidence," Carleton Economic Papers 99-14, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2000.
- Elango, B. & Pattnaik, Chinmay, 2013. "Response strategies of local firms to import competition in emerging markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2460-2465.
- Arzu Akkoyunlu-Wigley & Sevinc Mihci, 2006. "Effects of the customs union with the European Union on the market structure and pricing behaviour of the Turkish manufacturing industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(20), pages 2443-2452.
- Hountondji, Guéliffo, 1998. "Commerce extérieur et disparitions d’entreprises industrielles," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 74(2), pages 221-244, juin.
- Wacziarg, Romain, 2002. "India in the World Trading System," Research Papers 1760, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Thompson, Aileen J., 2002. "Import competition and market power: Canadian evidence," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 40-55, May.
- T. Condon & J. de Melo, 2015.
"Industrial Organization Implications of QR Trade Regimes: Evidence and Welfare Costs,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Modeling Developing Countries' Policies in General Equilibrium, chapter 19, pages 405-419
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Condon, Timothy & de Melo, Jaime, 1991. "Industrial Organization Implications of QR Trade Regimes: Evidence and Welfare Costs," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 139-153.
- Condon, Timothy & de Melo, Jaime, 1990. "Industrial organization implications of QR trade regimes : evidence and welfare costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 487, The World Bank.
- Omer Gokcekus & Yui Suzuki, 2016. "Mixing Washington Consensus With Beijing Consensus And Corruption In Africa," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(02), pages 1-14, June.
- de Melo, Jaime & Dhar, Sumana, 1992. "Lessons of trade liberalization in Latin America for economies in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1040, The World Bank.
- Dani Rodrik, 1988. "Closing the Technology Gap: Does Trade Liberalization Really Help?," NBER Working Papers 2654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dani Rodrik, 1988. "Imperfect Competition, Scale Economies, and Trade Policy in Developing Countries," NBER Chapters,in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 109-144 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lapid, Dennis D., 1994. "Appliance Industry," Research Paper Series RPS 1994-05, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Austria, Myrna S., 1994. "Textile and Garment Industries," Research Paper Series RPS 1994-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Erkan Erdem & James Tybout, 2003. "Trade Policy and Industrial Sector Responses: Using Evolutionary Models to Interpret the Evidence," NBER Working Papers 9947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:248521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Medilo, Maria Cristina, 1994. "Packaging Industry: Impact of Trade Policy Reforms on Performance, Competitiveness and Structure," Research Paper Series RPS 1994-01, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investments and Technology Transfers in Development: A Perspective on Recent Literature," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 06, United Nations University - INTECH.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade Barriers and Market Structure; Quantitative Restrictions; Political Economy and Migration; Trade and the Environment;
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wschap:9789814494908_0009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscientific.com/page/worldscibooks .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.