Sport Events and Criminal Activity: A Spatial Analysis
In: Violence and Aggression in Sporting Contests
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Craig A. Depken II & Benjamin L. Fore, 2020. "Firm-Level Economic Activity Before, During, and After Local Events: A Case Study," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 21(4), pages 327-334, May.
- Chen, Yongqi & Riddell, Jordan R. & Hill, Joshua B. & Chen, Peng & Piquero, Alex R. & Kurland, Justin, 2022. "Gold, silver, and bronze: Measuring the impact of the Beijing 2008, London 2012, and Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics on crime," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C).
- Nicholas Le, 2018. "Evaluating Crime as a Negative Externality of Hosting Mega-Events: Econometric Analysis of the 2012 London Summer Olympics," Working Papers 18-01, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Hyunwoong Pyun, 2019. "Exploring causal relationship between Major League Baseball games and crime: a synthetic control analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 365-383, July.
- Clay Collins & Craig A. Depken & E. Frank Stephenson, 2022. "The Impact of Sporting and Cultural Events in a Heterogeneous Hotel Market: Evidence from Austin, TX," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 48(4), pages 518-547, October.
- Dennis Mares & Emily Blackburn, 2019. "Major League Baseball and Crime: Opportunity, Spatial Patterns, and Team Rivalry at St. Louis Cardinal Games," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 20(7), pages 875-902, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCriminal Activity; Crime Rate; Violent Crime; Property Crime; Kernel Density Estimator;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:semchp:978-1-4419-6630-8_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.