Measurement of Output and Quality Adjustment in the Day-care Industry
In: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Swati Mukerjee & Ann Dryden Witte & Sheila Hollowell, 1990. "Provision of Child Care: Cost Functions for Profit-Making and Not-for-Profit Day Care Centers," NBER Working Papers 3345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pauly, Mark V & Redisch, Michael, 1973. "The Not-For-Profit Hospital as a Physicians' Cooperative," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 87-99, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Swati Mukerjee & Ann Dryden Witte, 1991. "Measurement of Output and Quality Adjustment When Hedonics Cannot Be Used: An Illustration for the Day Care Industry," NBER Working Papers 3771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Yen, Yin-Fang, 2014.
"Hospital treatment rates and spillover effects: Does ownership matter?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 193-202.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yin-Fang Yen, 2014. "Hospital Treatment Rates and Spill-Over Effects: Does Ownership Matter?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 165, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yin-Fang Yen, 2014. "Hospital Treatment Rates and Spillover Effects: Does Ownership Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4664, CESifo.
- Kathleen A. Carroll & Jane E. Ruseski, 2011.
"Modeling Internal Decision Making Process: An Explanation Of Conflicting Empirical Results On Behavior Of Non‐Profit And For‐Profit Hospitals,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(4), pages 510-523, October.
- Carroll, Kathleen & Ruseski, Jane, 2009. "Modeling Internal Decision Making Process: An Explanation of Conflicting Empirical Results on Behavior of Nonprofit and For-Profit Hospitals," Working Papers 2009-23, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Mark Toma, 1989. "Will bounty-hunting revenue agents increase enforcement?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 247-260, June.
- Mark A. Satterthwaite, 1977. "The Effect of Increased Supply on Equilibrium Price : A Theory for the Strange Case of Physicians' Services," Discussion Papers 294, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Seema S. Sonnad & Stephen Earl Foreman, 1997. "An incentive approach to physician implementation of medical practice guidelines," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 467-477, September.
- Kitchener, Martin & Caronna, Carol A. & Shortell, Stephen M., 2005. "From the doctor's workshop to the iron cage? Evolving modes of physician control in US health systems," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 1311-1322, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jennifer Kuan, 2009. "Does It Matter Who Your Buyer Is? The Role of Nonprofit Mission in the Market for Corporate Control of Hospitals," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(2), pages 295-306, May.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001.
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 99-115, July.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Not-For-Profit Entrepreneurs," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1852, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Not-For-Profit Entrepreneurs," NBER Working Papers 6810, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Albert H. Choi, . "Non-Profit Status and Relational Sanctions: Commitment to Quality through Repeat Interactions and Organizational Choice," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(4).
- Peter Zweifel & Katharina Janus, 2017. "Medical ethics: enhanced or undermined by modes of payment?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(1), pages 119-129, January.
- Dalton, Christina Marsh & Warren, Patrick L., 2016.
"Cost versus control: Understanding ownership through outsourcing in hospitals,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 1-15.
- Dalton, Christina Marsh & Warren, Patrick L., 2014. "Outsourcing Intensity and Ownership: Theory and Evidence from California General Care Hospitals," MPRA Paper 61949, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Makoto Kakinaka & Ryuta Kato, 2013.
"Regulated medical fee schedule of the Japanese health care system,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 301-317, December.
- Makoto Kakinaka & Ryuta Ray Kato, 2011. "Regulated Medical Fee Schedule of the Japanese Health Care System," Working Papers EMS_2011_13, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Laurent Gobillon & Carine Milcent, 2013.
"Spatial disparities in hospital performance,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(6), pages 1013-1040, November.
- Gobillon, Laurent & Milcent, Carine, 2010. "Spatial disparities in hospital performances," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1007, CEPREMAP.
- Laurent Gobillon & Carine Milcent, 2013. "Spatial disparities in hospital performance," Post-Print halshs-00879787, HAL.
- Laurent Gobillon & Carine Milcent, 2013. "Spatial disparities in hospital performance," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00879787, HAL.
- Laurent Gobillon & Carine Milcent, 2010. "Spatial Disparities in Hospital Performances," Working Papers 2010-19, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Gobillon, Laurent & Milcent, Carine, 2012. "Spatial Disparities in Hospital Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 6936, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gobillon, Laurent & Milcent, Carine, 2010. "Spatial Disparities in Hospital Performances," CEPR Discussion Papers 7826, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Laurent Gobillon & Carine Milcent, 2013. "Spatial disparities in hospital performance," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00879787, HAL.
- Carine Milcent, 2005.
"Hospital ownership, reimbursement systems and mortality rates,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(11), pages 1151-1168, November.
- Carine Milcent, 2005. "Hospital Ownership, Reimbursement Systems and Mortality Rates," Post-Print halshs-00754053, HAL.
- Tambour, Magnus & Rehnberg, Clas, 1997. "Internal Markets and Performance in Swedish Health Care," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 161, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Zweifel, Peter & Janus, Katharina, 2016. "Physician ethics: undermined or enhanced by modes of payment?," VfS Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145708, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2004. "Working for God?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodney Fort, 2018. "Modeling Competitive Imbalance and Self-Regulation in College Sports," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 52(2), pages 231-251, March.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2004-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jill R. Horwitz & Austin Nichols, 2007. "What Do Nonprofits Maximize? Nonprofit Hospital Service Provision and Market Ownership Mix," NBER Working Papers 13246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:7239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.