Are Market Forecasts Rational?
In: A Rational Expectations Approach to Macroeconometrics: Testing Policy Ineffectiveness and Efficient-Markets Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1981. "Are Market Forecasts Rational?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 295-306, June.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1980. "Are Market Forecasts Rational?," NBER Working Papers 0507, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J, 1977.
"Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 101-115, March.
- Robert J. Barro, 1976. "Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States," Working Paper 234, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sule Ozler, 1986. "Valuation of Rescheduled Loans, 1978-1983: A Rational Expectations Approach," UCLA Economics Working Papers 414, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Stoian, Andreea & Iorgulescu, Filip, 2020. "Fiscal policy and stock market efficiency: An ARDL Bounds Testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 406-416.
- David M. Ritzwoller & Joseph P. Romano, 2019. "Uncertainty in the Hot Hand Fallacy: Detecting Streaky Alternatives to Random Bernoulli Sequences," Papers 1908.01406, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2021.
- Shazia Ghani, 2011. "A re-visit to Minsky after 2007 financial meltdown," Post-Print halshs-01027435, HAL.
- Christiane Goodfellow & Dirk Schiereck & Steffen Wippler, 2013. "Are behavioural finance equity funds a superior investment? A note on fund performance and market efficiency," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(2), pages 111-119, April.
- Cagli, Efe Caglar & Taskin, Dilvin & Evrim Mandaci, Pınar, 2019. "The short- and long-run efficiency of energy, precious metals, and base metals markets: Evidence from the exponential smooth transition autoregressive models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C).
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2005.
"On the static efficiency of secondary bond markets,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 117-135, April.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2002. "On the Static Efficiency of Secondary Bond Markets," Working Paper Series 2001/7, Lund University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Rafferty, Michael, 2004. "On the Static Efficiency of Secondary Bond Markets," Working Paper Series 623, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Shi, Huai-Long & Zhou, Wei-Xing, 2022. "Factor volatility spillover and its implications on factor premia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 80(C).
- Nuruddeen Usman & Kodili Nwanneka & Nduka, 2023.
"Announcement Effect of COVID-19 on Cryptocurrencies,"
Asian Economics Letters, Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association, vol. 3(3), pages 1-4.
- Nuruddeen Usman & Kodili Nwanneka Nduka, 2022. "Announcement Effect of COVID-19 on Cryptocurrencies," Asian Economics Letters, Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association, vol. 3(Early Vie), pages 1-4.
- Ray C. Fair, 1986.
"Sources of Output and Price Variability in a Macroeconometric Model,"
NBER Working Papers
2112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ray C. Fair, 1987. "Sources of Output and Price Variability in a Macroeconometric Model," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 815, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert C. Merton, 2006. "Paul Samuelson and Financial Economics," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 50(2), pages 9-31, October.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009.
"Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-11, March.
- Paul Alagidede & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa’s emerging equity markets," Discussion Paper Series 2009_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2009.
- Alagidede, Paul & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2009. "Modelling stock returns in Africa's emerging equity markets," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-04, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Camille Baulant & Nivine Albouz, 2021. "Has financial globalization since 1990 reduced income inequality: the role of rating announcements on the volatility and the returns of the Brazilian Financial Market [Les annonces de notation souv," Working Papers hal-03258994, HAL.
- Carlo Rosa & Giovanni Verga, 2006.
"The Impact of Central Bank Announcements on Asset Prices in Real Time: Testing the Efficiency of the Euribor Futures Market,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0764, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rosa, Carlo & Verga, Giovanni, 2006. "The impact of central bank announcements on asset prices in real time: testing the efficiency of the Euribor futures market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19777, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sellin, Peter, 1998. "Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Paper Series 72, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Thomas Delcey, 2019. "Samuelson vs Fama on the Efficient Market Hypothesis: The Point of View of Expertise [Samuelson vs Fama sur l’efficience informationnelle des marchés financiers : le point de vue de l’expertise]," Post-Print hal-01618347, HAL.
- Dhanya Jothimani & Ravi Shankar & Surendra S. Yadav, 2016. "Discrete Wavelet Transform-Based Prediction of Stock Index: A Study on National Stock Exchange Fifty Index," Papers 1605.07278, arXiv.org.
- Neely, Christopher J. & Weller, Paul, 2000.
"Predictability in International Asset Returns: A Reexamination,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 601-620, December.
- Christopher J. Neely & Paul A. Weller, 1999. "Predictability in international asset returns: a reexamination," Working Papers 1997-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Berna Karali & Scott H. Irwin & Olga Isengildina‐Massa, 2020.
"Supply Fundamentals and Grain Futures Price Movements,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(2), pages 548-568, March.
- Karali, Berna & Isengildina Massa, Olga & Irwin, Scott H., 2018. "Does Noise in Market Expectations Dilute Price Reactions to USDA Reports?," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273973, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Klodt, Henning & Lehment, Harmen (ed.), 2009. "The Crisis and Beyond," Kiel E-Books, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel), number 60981.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:10246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.