Gary Stephen Shea
(in no particular order)
University of St Andrews School of Economics & Financehttp://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/economics/
United Kingdom, St Andrews, Fife
Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis
Fife, United Kingdom
University of St. Andrews
Castlecliffe, Fife KY16 9AL
RePEc:edi:cdstauk (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Gary S. Shea, 2011. "A Social Network for Trade and Inventories of Stock during the South Sea Bubble," CDMA Working Paper Series 201110, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Andrew Mays & Gary S. Shea, 2011. "East India Company and Bank of England Shareholders during the South Sea Bubble: Partitions, Components and Connectivity in a Dynamic Trading Network," CDMA Working Paper Series 201109, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Gary S. Shea, 2011. "(Re)financing the Slave Trade with the Royal African Company in the Boom Markets of 1720," CDMA Working Paper Series 201114, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Gary S. Shea, 2007. "Arbitrage and Simple Financial Market Efficiency during the South Sea Bubble: A Comparative Study of the Royal African and South Sea Companies Subscription Share Issues," CDMA Working Paper Series 200716, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Gary S. Shea, 2006. "Sir George Caswall vs. the Duke of Portland: Financial Contracts and Litigation in the wake of the South Sea Bubble," CDMA Working Paper Series 200605, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Gary S. Shea, 2005. "Financial Market Analysis Can Go Mad (in the search for irrational behaviour during the South Sea Bubble)," CDMA Working Paper Series 200508, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Gary S. Shea, 2005. "Understanding financial derivatives during the South Sea Bubble: the case of the South Sea subscription shares," CDMA Working Paper Series 200512, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Gary S. Shea, 2004. "Rational Pricing of Options during the South Sea Bubble," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 93, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Gary S. Shea, 1985. "Long memory models of interest rates, the term structure, and variance bounds tests," International Finance Discussion Papers 258, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gary S. Shea, 2007. "Financial market analysis can go mad (in the search for irrational behaviour during the South Sea Bubble) -super-1," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 60(4), pages 742-765, November.
- Shea, Gary S, 1992. "Benchmarking the Expectations Hypothesis of the Interest-Rate Term Structure: An Analysis of Cointegration Vectors," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 347-366, July.
- Shea, Gary S, 1991. "Uncertainty and Implied Variance Bounds in Long-Memory Models of the Interest Rate Term Structure," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 287-312.
- Shea, Gary S, 1989. "Ex-Post Rational Price Approximations and the Empirical Reliability of the Present-Value Relation," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(2), pages 139-159, April-Jun.
- Shea, Gary S, 1985. " Interest Rate Term Structure Estimation with Exponential Splines: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 319-325, March.
- Shea, Gary S., 1984. "Pitfalls in Smoothing Interest Rate Term Structure Data: Equilibrium Models and Spline Approximations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(03), pages 253-269, September.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Shea, Gary S., 1979. "Hypothesis testing based on goodness-of-fit in the moving average time series model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 221-226, June.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 8 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
- NEP-HIS: Business, Economic & Financial History (7) 2005-08-13 2005-12-20 2006-05-06 2007-10-20 2011-08-15 2011-08-15 2011-10-22. Author is listed
- NEP-FIN: Finance (4) 2004-09-30 2005-08-13 2005-12-20 2006-05-06
- NEP-FMK: Financial Markets (3) 2005-08-13 2005-12-20 2006-05-06
- NEP-NET: Network Economics (2) 2011-08-15 2011-08-15
- NEP-AFR: Africa (1) 2011-10-22
- NEP-CIS: Confederation of Independent States (1) 2011-10-22
- NEP-HPE: History & Philosophy of Economics (1) 2006-05-06
- NEP-SOC: Social Norms & Social Capital (1) 2011-08-15
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Gary Stephen Shea should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.