Innovative Firms in Emerging Market Countries
- Amann, Edmund(Reader in Development Economics, University of Manchester)Cantwell, John(Professor of International Business, Rutgers University)Registered editor(s):
The rise of innovative firms in emerging market economies is an increasingly topical issue. However, the literature has lagged behind in helping us understand this phenomenon. Addressing this gap, the book draws on a variety of firm-level experiences across a range of key countries, sectors, and institutional contexts. Despite the obvious differences, the book finds a commonality in these experiences: they have all been influenced by shifts in the institutional, technological, and policy environment, in particular by the opening up of emerging market economies over the past three decades, and the consequent increase in international business interactions. Across the different countries surveyed in Asia and Latin America, the book argues that firm level innovation has been strongly influenced by capabilities that had previously been built up in a relatively closed environment. However, in the current more open environment, it is suggested that innovation among firms also reflects differences in these national historical contexts, as well as in the different forms of interaction with international business that have subsequently emerged. This book is a valuable resource for academics, researchers, and graduate students in international business and technology management. Contributors to this volume - Edmund Amann, University of Manchester John Cantwell, Rutgers University Martin Bell, University of Sussex Paulo Figueiredo, Fundacao Getulio Vargas/EBAPE Huiping Li, Ramapo College of New Jersey Dinar Kale, the Open University Rajah Rasiah, University of Malaya Keun Lee , Seoul National University John Matthews, Macquarie University Anabel Marin, University of Sussex
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199646005 and published in 2012.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.oup.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.com/|
- repec:elg:eechap:15815_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Lakhwinder & Gill, Anita, 2016. "Emergence of Innovative Manufacturing Firms across Asian Countries," MPRA Paper 71148, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilgili, Tsvetomira V. & Kedia, Ben L. & Bilgili, Hansin, 2016. "Exploring the influence of resource environments on absorptive capacity development: The case of emerging market firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 700-712.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780199646005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed