Happiness, Growth, and the Life Cycle
- Hinte, Holger(Head of Publication at the IZA)Zimmermann, Klaus F.(Director of the IZA and Professor of Economics, University of Bonn, Germany)
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luigino Bruni & Pier Luigi Porta, 2016. "Happiness and quality of life reconciled," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Happiness and Quality of Life, chapter 1, pages 1-19 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Timothy Hinks & Andreas Katsaros, 2012. "Smoking Ban and Life Satisfaction: Evidence from the UK," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 17(1), pages 27-48, March.
- Femke De Keulenaer & Jan-Emmanuel De Neve & Georgios Kavetsos & Michael I. Norton & Bert Van Landeghem & George W. Ward, 2014.
"The Asymmetric Experience of Positive and Negative Economic Growth: Global Evidence Using Subjective Well-Being Data,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1304, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- De Neve, Jan-Emmanuel & Ward, George W. & De Keulenaer, Femke & van Landeghem, Bert & Kavetsos, Georgios & Norton, Michael I., 2015. "The Asymmetric Experience of Positive and Negative Economic Growth: Global Evidence Using Subjective Well-Being Data," IZA Discussion Papers 8914, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- De Neve, Jan-Emmanuel & Ward, George W. & de Keulenaer, Femke & van Landeghem, Bert & Kavetsos, Georgios & Norton, Michael I., 2014. "The asymmetric experience of positive and negative economic growth: global evidence using subjective well-being data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60054, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher K. Hsee & Yuval Rottenstreich & Alois Stutzer, 2012.
"Suboptimal choices and the need for experienced individual well-being in economic analysis,"
International Journal of Happiness and Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 63-85.
- Hsee, Christopher K. & Rottenstreich, Yuval & Stutzer, Alois, 2012. "Suboptimal Choices and the Need for Experienced Individual Well-Being in Economic Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 6346, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jo Ritzen, 2015. "Happiness as a guide to labor market policy," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 149-149, May.
- Beja, Jr., Edsel, 2012. "Who is happier: The housewife or working wife?," MPRA Paper 37551, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2011. "Subjective Well-Being, Politics and Political Economy," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 147(IV), pages 397-415, December.
- Timothy Hinks, 2012.
"Fractionalization and well-being: Evidence from a new South African data set,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 253-271, December.
- Timothy Hinks, 2012. "Fractionalization and Well-Being: Evidence from a new South African data set," Working Papers 20121202, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Helena Marques & Gabriel Pino & J.D. Tena, 2013.
"Do happiness indexes truly reveal happiness? Measuring happiness using revealed preferences from migration flows,"
DEA Working Papers
59, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Tena Horrillo, Juan de Dios & Marques, Helena & Pino, Gabriel, 2013. "Do happiness indexes truly reveal happiness? : measurin happiness using revealed preferences from migration flows," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws130908, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Richard Estes & Habib Tiliouine, 2014. "Development Trends in Islamic Societies: From Collective Wishes to Concerted Actions," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 67-114, March.
- Beja Jr., Edsel, 2013. "Does economic prosperity bring about a happier society? Empirical remarks on the Easterlin Paradox debate," MPRA Paper 49446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valerie Møller & Benjamin J. Roberts, 2017. "South African Hopes and Fears Twenty Years into Democracy: A Replication of Hadley Cantril’s Pattern of Human Concerns," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 39-69, January.
- Karl Aiginger & Kurt Kratena & Margit Schratzenstaller & Teresa Weiss, 2014. "Moving towards a new growth model," WWWforEurope Deliverables series 3, WWWforEurope.
- William Betz & Nicole Simpson, 2013.
"The effects of international migration on the well-being of native populations in Europe,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Betz, William & Simpson, Nicole B., 2013. "The Effects of International Migration on the Well-Being of Native Populations in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 7368, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter Lloyd-Sherlock & João Saboia & Baruch Ramírez-Rodríguez, 2012. "Cash Transfers and the Well-being of Older People in Brazil," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(5), pages 1049-1072, September.
- Baochun Peng, 2014. "Status and income inequality in a knowledge economy," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(4), pages 581-595, December.
- repec:taf:oxdevs:v:44:y:2016:i:1:p:49-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Abrevaya, Jason, 2013.
"Beauty is the promise of happiness?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 351-368.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Abrevaya, Jason, 2011. ""Beauty Is the Promise of Happiness"?," IZA Discussion Papers 5600, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Jason Abrevaya, 2011. ""Beauty Is the Promise of Happiness"?," NBER Working Papers 17327, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2012. "The use of happiness research for public policy," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 38(4), pages 659-674, April.
- Rajan, Keertichandra & Kennedy, Jonathan & King, Lawrence, 2013. "Is wealthier always healthier in poor countries? The health implications of income, inequality, poverty, and literacy in India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 98-107.
- Barbara Dluhosch & Daniel Horgos & Klaus Zimmermann, 2014. "Social Choice and Social Unemployment-Income Cleavages: New Insights from Happiness Research," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 1513-1537, December.
- Beja Jr., Edsel, 2013. "Does economic prosperity bring about a happier society? Empirical remarks on the Easterlin Paradox debate sans Happiness Adaptation," MPRA Paper 50633, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780199597093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing). General contact details of provider: http://www.oup.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.