The Dynamic Firm: The Role of Technology, Strategy, Organization, and Regions
- Chandler, Alfred D.(Harvard University)Hagstrom, Peter(Stockholm School of Economics)Solvell, Orjan(Stockholm School of Economics)
AbstractBusiness Strategy is becoming increasingly 'pluralist', drawing on the insights of different disciplines, and business practice in different parts of the world. This book brings together the work and ideas of leading international scholars working in the field under three main headings: Technology, Strategy and Organization, and Regions. The purpose of the book is to explore-from different perspectives-the dynamic interplay between the technology of a firm; its strategies; organizational choices; and issues of place, region, and location. The contributors are Peter Hagstrom, Alfred Chandler, Takahiro Fujimoto, Richard Nelson, Nathan Rosenberg, Erik von Hippel, Cristiano Antonelli, Giovanni Dosi, Benjamin Coriat, David Teece, Gunnar Hedlund, Pari Patel, Keith Pavitt, Ikujiro Nonaka, Hirotaka Takeuchi, Lars-Gunnar Mattsson, John Cantwell, John Dunning, Michael Enright, Masahisa Fujita, Ryoichi Ishii, Allen Scott, Orjan Solvell, Ivo Zander, J.-C. Spender, and Michael Porter. Together they address the challenge of explaining the long-run competitiveness of firms in an ever more global world. This book will be a benchmark for anybody wanting to keep abreast of leading-edge, strategic thinking.
- Chandler, Alfred D. & Hagstrom, Peter & Solvell, Orjan (ed.), 1999. "The Dynamic Firm: The Role of Technology, Strategy, Organization, and Regions," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296041.Handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780198296041
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon,Robert J., 2004. "Productivity Growth, Inflation, and Unemployment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521531429, March.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 2001. "Information Technology and the U.S. Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 1-32, March.
- Gordon,Robert J., 2004. "Productivity Growth, Inflation, and Unemployment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521800082, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780198296041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing). General contact details of provider: http://www.oup.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .