Technology, Organization, and Competitiveness: Perspectives on Industrial and Corporate Change
- Dosi, Giovanni(Professor of Economics)Teece, David J.(Mitsubishi Bank Professor in International Business and Finance, Haas School of Business)Chytry, Josef(University of California, Berkeley)
AbstractThis book brings together the work of leading international thinkers working in the overlapping areas of economics, organization studies, business history, corporate strategy, and innovation. There is a growing awareness that the perspectives of a single discipline are unable to capture and explain the complexities and dynamics of firm behaviour, organizational structure, and corporate strategy. All the chapters in this book are drawn from the pioneering journal Industrial and Corporate Change opening up the inter-disciplinary coverage of the journal to a wider readership. Here readers will find extensive and original contributions from economists Oliver Williamson, Richard Nelson, and Martin Fransman; sociology and organization theorists Mark Granovetter and Gary Hamilton; business historians William Lazonick and Jonathan West; innovation scholars Parimal Patel, Keith Pavitt, and Giovanni Dosi; and business strategists David Teece and Gary Pisano. This book will be vital reading for all those who want to get to grips with the best of current international thinking on the dynamic interplay of technology, organization, and competition.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Teece, David J. & Chytry, Josef (ed.), 1998. "Technology, Organization, and Competitiveness: Perspectives on Industrial and Corporate Change," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290964.Handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780198290964
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon,Robert J., 2004. "Productivity Growth, Inflation, and Unemployment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521531429, March.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 2001. "Information Technology and the U.S. Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 1-32, March.
- Gordon,Robert J., 2004. "Productivity Growth, Inflation, and Unemployment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521800082, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:53:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-012-0151-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Oleksandr Talavera, 2016.
"R&D Expenditures and Geographical Sales Diversification,"
University of Manchester, vol. 84(2), pages 197-221, March.
- Christopher F Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Oleksandr Talavera, 2012. "R&D Expenditures and Geographical Sales Diversification," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 794, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 12 Nov 2012.
- Viitamo, Esa, 2014. "Service productivity, technology and organization - Converting theory to praxis," ETLA Working Papers 26, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Hajjem, Olfa & Ayadi, Mohamed & Garrouste, Pierre, 2011. "Complementarities between organizational changes, R&D activity and technological cooperation for the French manufacturing firms," MPRA Paper 34617, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Heinz Hollenstein, 2010. "How Do Different Motives for R&D Investment in Foreign Locations Affect Domestic Firm Performance?," KOF Working papers 10-258, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780198290964. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing). General contact details of provider: http://www.oup.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .