Trade Policy, Industrialization, and Development: New Perspectives
- Helleiner, Gerald K.(University of Toronto)
This book investigates the ways in which the characteristics of a developing country's domestic industrial sector DS for example, oligopolistic markets, the position of foreign enterprises, and the acquisition of modern technologies DS affect its chances of industrializing far enough to engage in substantial export trade. Particular attention is devoted to the real-world imperfections frequently overlooked by orthodox economists. Case studies are included of, for example, Brazilian civil aircraft, Korean semi-conductors, and the automobile industry in a number of developing countries. The volume contributes to a better appreciation of the actual problems and constraints of industrialization and growth in developing countries and points the way to useful further lines of research.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198283591 and published in 1992.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.oup.com/ |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.com/|
- Zhao Jianglin, 2007. "Openness of ChinaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Manufacturing Sectors and its APEC Policy," Trade Working Papers 22850, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2008:i:11:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lila J. Truett & Dale B. Truett, . "The South Korean Auto Industry: All Grown Up Now? Since 1962, South Korea has recognized the motor vehicle industry as a critical industry for economic development. The government has been closely inv," Working Papers 0011, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Marion DOVIS, 2009. "Le Processus De Sélection Des Entreprises Espagnoles Sur Le Marché Des Exportations," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 29, pages 181-202.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780198283591. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed