Agrarian Crisis in India
- Reddy, D. Narasimha(Visiting Professor, Institute for Human Development, New Delhi)Mishra, Srijit(Indira Gandhi Institute of Development and Research, Mumbai)Registered editor(s):
Over the past decade, there has been pervasive crisis in Indian agriculture and farmer suicides here emerged as symptoms of deep-seated maladies that have engulfed Indian agriculture. The book analyses various dimensions of the crises. The macro-dimensions include detailed analysis of structural, institutional, and policy changes; trends in capital formation in agriculture; farmers' indebtedness; and the state of agricultural research and extension. This overview is accompanied by case studies of five states that experienced high and unusual incidence of farmers' suicides. The state- level case studies not only bring out the diversity of conditions but also the common thread of failure of public support systems to agriculture.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780195695953 and published in 2009.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.oup.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.com/|
- Srijit Mishra, 2009.
"Poverty and Agrarian Distress in Orissa,"
Development Economics Working Papers
22934, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Srijit Mishra, 2009. "Poverty and agrarian distress in Orissa," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2009-006, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Srijit Mishra, 2009. "Poverty and Agrarian Distress in Orissa," Working Papers id:2259, eSocialSciences.
- Anonymous, 2010. "Book Reviews," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 65(1).
- Sarthak Gaurav & Srijit Mishra, 2011. "Size-class and returns to cultivation in India: A Cold case reopened," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-027, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Narayanamoorthy, A., 2013. "Profitability in Crops Cultivation in India: Some Evidence from Cost of Cultivation Survey Data," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 68(1).
- Sripad Motiram & Karthikeya Naraparaju, 2013. "Growth and Deprivation in India: What Does Recent Data Say?," Working Papers id:5279, eSocialSciences.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780195695953. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed