Growth and Empowerment: Making Development Happen
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:lsg:lsgwps:wp84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen & Thurlow, James, 2009. "Modeling growth options and structural change to reach middle income country status: The case of Ghana," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 514-525, March.
- Sunita Kikeri & Thomas Kenyon & Vincent Palmade, 2006. "Reforming the Investment Climate : Lessons for Practitioners," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7096.
- Jean-Jacques Dethier & Maximilian Hirn & Stéphane Straub, 2011.
"Explaining Enterprise Performance in Developing Countries with Business Climate Survey Data,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 26(2), pages 258-309, August.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Hirn, Maximilian & Straub, Stephane, 2008. "Explaining Enterprise Performance in Developing Countries with Business Climate Survey Data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4792, The World Bank.
- Patricio Dalton & Sayantan Ghosal, 2012. "Decisions with endogenous frames," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 38(4), pages 585-600, April.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Galab, Shaik & Olsen, Tore, 2005. "Empowering Poor Rural Women In India: Empirical Evidence From Andhra Pradesh," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19123, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Patricio S. Dalton & Sayantan Ghosal & Anandi Mani, 2016.
"Poverty and Aspirations Failure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(590), pages 165-188, February.
- Dalton, Patricio S; Ghosal, Sayantan; Mani, Anandi, 2010. "Poverty and Aspirations Failure," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 22, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Dalton, P.S. & Ghosal, S. & Mani, A., 2011. "Poverty and Aspirations Failure," Discussion Paper 2011-124, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Morrill, Curtis, 2012. "The great recession and the future of cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6256, The World Bank.
- Nicholas Stern, 2010. "Presidential Address Imperfections in the Economics of Public Policy, Imperfections in Markets, and Climate Change," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(2-3), pages 253-288, 04-05.
- Justin Yifu Lin & Boris Pleskovic, 2011. "Annual World Bank Conference on Development Economics--Global 2010 : Lessons from East Asia and the Global Financial Crisis," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2555.
- Denizer, Cevdet & Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Gelb, Alan, 2011. "Development Economics and the International Development Association," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5541, The World Bank.
- de Janvry, Alain & Dethier, Jean-Jacques, 2012. "The World Bank and governance : the Bank's efforts to help developing countries build state capacity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6275, The World Bank.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Effenberger, Alexandra, 2012.
"Agriculture and development: A brief review of the literature,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 175-205.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Effenberger, Alexandra, 2011. "Agriculture and development : a brief review of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5553, The World Bank.
- Nicholas Stern, 2009. "Imperfections in the Economics of Public Policy, Imperfections in Markets, and Climate Change," Working Papers 2009.106, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Diamond, Peter, 2008. "Behavioral economics," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(8-9), pages 1858-1862, August.
- Fehr, Ernst & Hoff, Karla, 2011.
"Tastes, Castes, and Culture: The Influence of Society on Preferences,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5919, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fehr, Ernst & Hoff, Karla, 2011. "Tastes, castes, and culture : the influence of society on preferences," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5760, The World Bank.
- Ernst Fehr & Karla Hoff, 2011. "Tastes, castes, and culture: The influence of society on preferences," ECON - Working Papers 026, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2008. "Economic transformation in theory and practice: What are the messages for Africa?," IFPRI discussion papers 797, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ruth Alsop & Mette Bertelsen & Jeremy Holland, 2006. "Empowerment in Practice : From Analysis to Implementation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6980.
- Luuk Kempen, 2009. "The ‘Downside’ of Women Empowerment in India: An Experimental Inquiry into the Role of Expectations," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 465-482, December.
- Kikeri, Sunita & Kenyon,Thomas & Palmade, Vincent, 2006. "Reforming the investment climate : lessons for practitioners," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3986, The World Bank.
- El-Enbaby, Hoda & Figueroa, Jose Luis & ElDidi, Hagar & Breisinger, Clemens, 2016. "The role of agriculture and the agro-processing industry for development in Egypt: An overview:," MENA working papers 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques, 2013. "Coping with urban fiscal stress around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6693, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Thailand : Investment Climate Assessment Update," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7805, The World Bank.
- Nicholas Stern, 2013. "EEthics, Equity and the Economics of Climate Change. Paper 1: Science and Philosophy," GRI Working Papers 84a, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Richter, Kaspar, 2009. "Changes in Subjective Well-Being in Timor-Leste on the Path to Independence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 371-384, February.
More about this item
Keywordsdevelopment economics; empowerment; economic growth;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtp:titles:0262693461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.