Financial Structure and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Comparison of Banks, Markets, and Development
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt() (The World Bank)Ross Levine() (Brown University)
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shingo Ishiguro, 2011. "Relationships and Growth," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 11-31, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- M. Castro Campos & C. Kool & J. Muysken, 2013.
"Cross-Country Private Saving Heterogeneity and Culture,"
Springer, vol. 161(2), pages 101-120, June.
- de Castro Campos, M. & Kool, C.J.M. & Muysken, J., 2013. "Cross-country private saving heterogeneity and culture," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- M. de Castro Campos & C.J.M. Kool & J. Muysken, 2013. "Cross-Country Private Saving Heterogeneity and Culture," Working Papers 13-02, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Stijepic, Denis, 2019. "On development paths minimizing the aggregate labor-reallocation costs in the three-sector framework and an application to structural policy," Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203519, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ezra, Munyambonera & Annet, Adong & Musa Mayanja, Lwanga, 2013. "Access and Use of Credit in Uganda: Unlocking the Dilemma of Financing Small Holder Farmers," Research Series 184167, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Gu, Xian & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2016. "Creditor rights and the corporate bond market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 215-238.
- George D. Cashman & David M. Harrison & Michael J. Seiler, 2016. "Capital Structure and Political Risk in Asia-Pacific Real Estate Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 115-140, August.
- Karjalainen, Pasi, 2008. "R&D investments: The effects of different financial environments on firm profitability," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 79-93, April.
- repec:spr:rvmgts:v:12:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11846-016-0213-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jana Grittersová, 2014. "Non-market cooperation and the variety of finance capitalism in advanced democracies," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 339-371, April.
- Peia, Oana & Roszbach, Kasper, 2015. "Finance and growth: Time series evidence on causality," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 105-118.
- Allen, Franklin & Bartiloro, Laura & Gu, Xian & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2018.
"Does economic structure determine financial structure?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 389-409.
- Franklin Allen & Laura Bartiloro & Xian Gu & Oskar Kowalewksi, 2016. "Does Economic Structure Determine Financial Structure?," Working Papers 2016-ACF-02, IESEG School of Management.
- Franklin Allen & Laura Bartiloro & Xian Gu & Oskar Kowalewski, 2018. "Does economic structure determine financial structure?," Post-Print hal-01913667, HAL.
- Raúl Alberto Cortés Villafradez & Yezid Hernández Luna, 2014. "Impacto del desarrollo del sistema financiero en el crecimiento económico en países emergentes durante el periodo 2001-2011," Revista Equidad y Desarrollo, Universidad de la Salle, September.
- Alan Hughes, 2014. "Short-Termism, Impatient Capital and Finance for Manufacturing Innovation in the UK," Working Papers wp457, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Stijepic, Denis, 2017. "On development paths minimizing the structural change costs in the three-sector framework and an application to structural policy," MPRA Paper 77023, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Feb 2017.
- Wang, Ling, 2016. "Unconventional monetary policy and aggregate bank lending: Does financial structure matter?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1060-1077.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:73:y:2018:i:c:p:208-221 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:11:p:3930-:d:179054 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saona, Paolo & San Martín, Pablo, 2016. "Country level governance variables and ownership concentration as determinants of firm value in Latin America," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 84-95.
- Saona, Paolo, 2016. "Intra- and extra-bank determinants of Latin American Banks' profitability," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 197-214.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:49:y:2019:i:c:p:235-251 is not listed on IDEAS
- George D. Cashman & David M. Harrison & Hainan Sheng, 2015. "Political Risk and the Cost of Capital in Asia-Pacific Property Markets," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(3), pages 331-364.
More about this item
Keywordsdeveloped countries; bank-based systems; market-based systems;
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtp:titles:0262541793. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
More services and features
Follow serials, authors, keywords & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job market papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed