From Social Assistance to Social Development: Targeted Education Subsidies in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2011. "From Financial Crash to Debt Crisis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1676-1706, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emanuela di Gropello, 2006. "Meeting the Challenges of Secondary Education in Latin America and East Asia : Improving Efficiency and Resource Mobilization," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7173.
- Elbers, Chris & Fujii, Tomoki & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2007.
"Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting: How much does disaggregation help?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 198-213, May.
- Elbers, Chris & Tomoki Fujii & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2004. "Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting : how much does disaggregation help?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3419, The World Bank.
- José Cuesta, 2007. "On more ambitious conditional cash transfers, social protection and permanent reduction of poverty," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(7), pages 1016-1019.
- de Janvry, Alain & Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Vakis, Renos, 2006. "Can conditional cash transfer programs serve as safety nets in keeping children at school and from working when exposed to shocks?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 349-373, April.
- Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2005.
"Achieving success in rural development: toward implementation of an integral approach,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 75-89, January.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2003. "Achieving Success in Rural Devlopment: Toward Implementation of an Integral Approach," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245924, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Vinod Thomas & Xubei Luo, 2011. "Overlooked Links in the Results Chain," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2347.
- Glewwe, Paul & Kremer, Michael, 2006. "Schools, Teachers, and Education Outcomes in Developing Countries," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Saavedra, Juan Esteban & Garcia, Sandra, 2012. "Impacts of Conditional Cash Transfer Programs on Educational Outcomes in Developing Countries: A Meta-analysis," Working Papers 921-1, RAND Corporation.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1355-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Clemens, 2004.
"The Long Walk to School: International Education Goals in Historical Perspective,"
37, Center for Global Development.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2004. "The Long Walk to School: International education goals in historical perspective," Development and Comp Systems 0403007, EconWPA.
- Evan Borkum, 2012. "Can Eliminating School Fees in Poor Districts Boost Enrollment? Evidence from South Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(2), pages 359-398.
- Jérémie Gignoux, 2006.
"Évaluations ex ante et ex post d'un programme d'allocations scolaires conditionnées au Mexique,"
Économie et Prévision,
Programme National Persée, vol. 174(3), pages 59-85.
- Jérémie Gignoux, 2006. "Évaluations ex ante et ex post d'un programme d'allocations scolaires conditionnées au Mexique," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 0(3), pages 59-85.
- Jérémie Gignoux, 2006. "Évaluations ex ante et ex post d'un programme d'allocations scolaires conditionnées au Mexique," Post-Print halshs-00825306, HAL.
- Glewwe, Paul & Kremer, Michael, 2006.
"Schools, Teachers, and Education Outcomes in Developing Countries,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- Paul Glewwe & Michael Kremer, 2005. "Schools, Teachers, and Education Outcomes in Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 122, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Villatoro S., Pablo, 2005. "Programas de transferencias monetarias condicionadas: experiencias en América Latina," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Finan,Frederico S. & De Janvry,Alain F. & Sadoulet,Elisabeth Marie L. & Vakis,Renos, 2004. "Can conditional cash transfer programs improve social risk management? Lessons for education and child labor outcomes," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 32543, The World Bank.
- Barrientos, Armando & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel, 2011. "Social transfers and chronic poverty: objectives, design, reach and impact," MPRA Paper 30465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Natàlia Caldés & John A. Maluccio, 2005. "The cost of conditional cash transfers," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 151-168.
- Armando Barrientos & Jasmina Byrne & Juan Miguel Villa & Paola Peña, 2013. "Social Transfers and Child Protection," Papers inwopa691, Innocenti Working Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:ppress:cgd376. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .