Long‐Run Risks In The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: Estimation
This paper estimates a long run risk model with term structure data. Inflation and consumption growth both contain correlated long run risk components. The model is estimated by the likelihood-based Bayesian methods and estimates of the latent long run risk factors are extracted from both macro and term structure data. Empirical analysis using US data reveals that a small and persistent component in consumption growth interacting with expected inflation improves the model's fit for the term structure data.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 28 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (04)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jcatalog/subscribe.jsp?issn=0883-7252 Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002.
"Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Monika Piazzesi & Martin Schneider, 2009. "Trend and cycle in bond premia," Staff Report 424, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ravi Bansal & Amir Yaron, 2004.
"Risks for the Long Run: A Potential Resolution of Asset Pricing Puzzles,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1481-1509, 08.
- Ravi Bansal & Amir Yaron, 2000. "Risks for the Long Run: A Potential Resolution of Asset Pricing Puzzles," NBER Working Papers 8059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 2006.
"Were There Regime Switches in U.S. Monetary Policy?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 54-81, March.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 2005. "Were There Regime Switches in U.S. Monetary Policy?," Working Papers 92, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 2004. "Were there regime switches in U.S. monetary policy?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- repec:oup:restud:v:74:y:2007:i:4:p:1059-1087 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Rubio-Ramírez, Juan Francisco, 2006.
"Estimating Macroeconomic Models: A Likelihood Approach,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5513, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2006. "Estimating Macroeconomic Models: A Likelihood Approach," NBER Technical Working Papers 0321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2006. "Estimating Macroeconomic Models: A Likelihood Approach," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000849, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Benati, Luca, 2007.
"The ‘Great Moderation’ in the United Kingdom,"
Working Paper Series
0769, European Central Bank.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2007.
"Why Has U.S. Inflation Become Harder to Forecast?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(s1), pages 3-33, 02.
- Giorgio Primiceri & Alejandro Justiniano, 2006.
"The Time Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations,"
2006 Meeting Papers
353, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Alejandro Justiniano & Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2008. "The Time-Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 604-41, June.
- Alejandro Justiniano & Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2006. "The Time Varying Volatility of Macroeconomic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 12022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bikbov, Ruslan & Chernov, Mikhail, 2010.
"No-arbitrage macroeconomic determinants of the yield curve,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 166-182, November.
- Ruslan Bikbov & Mikhail Chernov, 2010. "No-arbitrage macroeconomic determinants of the yield curve," Post-Print hal-00732517, HAL.
- Epstein, Larry G & Zin, Stanley E, 1989. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Consumption and Asset Returns: A Theoretical Framework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 937-69, July.
- Frank Schorfheide, 2000. "Loss function-based evaluation of DSGE models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 645-670.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:japmet:v:28:y:2013:i:3:p:478-497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.