Wasteful Commuting Again
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rouwendal, Jan, 1998. "Search Theory, Spatial Labor Markets, and Commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Murphy, Enda, 2009. "Excess commuting and modal choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 735-743, October.
- Jos van Ommeren & Arno van der Vlist & Peter Nijkamp, 2002. "Transport-Related Fringe Benefits," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-063/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Manning, Alan, 2003.
"The real thin theory: monopsony in modern labour markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 105-131, April.
- Alan Manning, 2003. "The Real Thin Theory: Monopsony in Modern Labour Markets," CEP Discussion Papers dp0564, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Manning, Alan, 2003. "The real thin theory: monopsony in modern labour markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20050, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guillaume Pouyanne, 2005. "Land Use mix and Daily Mobility - the Case of Bordeaux, France," ERSA conference papers ersa05p84, European Regional Science Association.
- van Ommeren, Jos N. & van der Straaten, J. Willemijn, 2008. "The effect of search imperfections on commuting behaviour: Evidence from employed and self-employed workers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 127-147, March.
- Timothy Welch & Sabyasachee Mishra, 2014. "Envisioning an emission diet: application of travel demand mechanisms to facilitate policy decision making," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 611-631, May.
- Kim, Seyoung, 1993. "After the Resolution: Excess Commuting for Two-Worker Households in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2km7f60d, University of California Transportation Center.
- Vincent Viguié, 2015.
"Cross-commuting and housing prices in a polycentric modeling of cities,"
2015.03, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Vincent Viguié, 2015. "Cross-commuting and housing prices in a polycentric modeling of cities," Working Papers 2015.09, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Niedzielski, Michael A. & Horner, Mark W. & Xiao, Ningchuan, 2013. "Analyzing scale independence in jobs-housing and commute efficiency metrics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 129-143.
- Rouwendal, Jan, 1999. "Spatial job search and commuting distances," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 491-517, July.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2002. "The Spatial Effects of Wage or Property Tax Differentials, and Local Government Choice between Tax Instruments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 429-445, May.
- Josep María Arauzo, 2002. "Determinants Of Population And Jobs At A Local Level: An Application For Catalan Municipalities," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-25, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Morton O’Kelly & Michael Niedzielski & Justin Gleeson, 2012. "Spatial interaction models from Irish commuting data: variations in trip length by occupation and gender," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 357-387, October.
- Frost, Martin & Linneker, Brian & Spence, Nigel, 1998. "Excess or wasteful commuting in a selection of British cities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 529-538, September.
- Suzuki, Tsutomu & Lee, Sohee, 2012. "Jobs–housing imbalance, spatial correlation, and excess commuting," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 322-336.
- Jos van Ommeren & Piet Rietveld, 2002. "Commuting, Spatial Search and Labour Market Bargaining," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-039/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Song, Shunfeng, 1992. "Spatial Structure and Urban Commuting," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1962t3j6, University of California Transportation Center.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:97:y:1989:i:6:p:1497-1504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.