A Note on Joint and Several Liability: Insolvency, Settlement, and Incentives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Allen, Ronald J, et al, 1990. "A Positive Theory of the Attorney-Client Privilege and the Work Product Doctrine," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 359-397, June.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1981.
"Good News and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 380-391, Autumn.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1979. "Good Nevs and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications," Discussion Papers 407R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Cooter, Robert D & Rubinfeld, Daniel L, 1989. "Economic Analysis of Legal Disputes and Their Resolution," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 1067-1097, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Howard F. Chang & Hilary Sigman, 1999. "Incentives to Settle Under Joint and Several Liability," NBER Working Papers 7096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zhou, J., 2010. "Access to justice : An economic approach," Other publications TiSEM 9d70f451-35c4-4878-92bf-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Chang, Howard F. & Sigman, Hilary, 2007.
"The effect of joint and several liability under superfund on brownfields,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 363-384, December.
- Howard F. Chang & Hilary Sigman, 2005. "The Effect of Joint and Several Liability Under Superfund on Brownfields," NBER Working Papers 11667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Howard F. Chang & Hilary Sigman, 2005. "The Effect of Joint and Several Liability under Superfund on Brownfields," Departmental Working Papers 200508, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Kathryn E. Spier, 2008.
"Exploiting Plaintiffs through Settlement: Divide and Conquer,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 164(1), pages 4-23, March.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Spier, Kathryn, 2007. "Exploiting Plaintiffs Through Settlement: Divide and Conquer," MPRA Paper 6104, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlstud:v:23:y:1994:i:1:p:559-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLS/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .