A Model of Involuntary Unemployment and Wage Rigidity: Worker Incentives and the Threat of Dismissal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Groshen, Erica L. & Schweitzer, Mark E., 1998. "Inflation and unemployment revisited: Grease vs. sand," CFS Working Paper Series 1999/06, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Fernandez, Jose & Nahata, Babu, 2009. "Pay What You Like," MPRA Paper 16265, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Groll & Christopher J. Ellis, 2017.
"Repeated Lobbying By Commercial Lobbyists And Special Interests,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(4), pages 1868-1897, October.
- Thomas Groll & Christopher J. Ellis, 2016. "Repeated Lobbying by Commercial Lobbyists and Special Interests," CESifo Working Paper Series 5809, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marcel Fafchampsm & Måns Söderbom, 2006.
"Wages and Labor Management in African Manufacturing,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(2).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Måns Söderbom, 2004. "Wages and Labor Management in African Manufacturing," Development and Comp Systems 0409043, EconWPA.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Måns Söderbom, 2004. "Wages and Labor Management in African Manufacturing," CSAE Working Paper Series 2004-02, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Francis Teal & MÃƒÂ¥ns SÃƒÂ¶derbom, 2002. "Does firm size really affect earnings?," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2002-08, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Soderbom, Mans & Teal, Francis, 2004.
"Size and efficiency in African manufacturing firms: evidence from firm-level panel data,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 369-394, February.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2002. "Size and efficiency in African manufacturing firms: Evidence from firm-level panel data," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal, 2004. "Size and Efficiency in African Manufacturing Firms:Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data," Development and Comp Systems 0409010, EconWPA.
- Illoong Kwon, 2005.
"Threat of Dismissal: Incentive or Sorting?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 797-838, October.
- Illoong Kwon, 2004. "Threat of Dismissal: Incentive or Sorting?," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 114, Econometric Society.
- Pau Olivella, 1995.
"Information Structures and the Delegation of Monitoring,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 39, pages 1-32.
- Pau Olivella, 1989. "Information Structures and the Delegation of Monitoring," Discussion Papers 839, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Olivella, P., 1993. "Information Structures and the Delegation of Monitoring," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 201.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Måns Söderbom & Francis Teal & Anthony Wambugu, 2002. "Does firm size really affect earnings?," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Mans Söderbom & Najy Benhassine, 2009.
"Wage Gaps and Job Sorting in African Manufacturing,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(5), pages 824-868, November.
- Benhassine, Najy & Fafchamps, Marcel & Söderbom, Måns, 2006. "Wage Gaps and Job Sorting in African Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 6003, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eva Pichler, 1997.
"How to beat the average,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 217-231, August.
- Altenburg, Lutz & Straub, Martin, 2001. "Taxes on labour and unemployment in a shirking model with union bargaining," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 721-744, December.
- repec:spr:izalpo:v:6:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40173-017-0092-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erica L. Groshen & Mark E. Schweitzer, 1999. "Firms' wage adjustments: a break from the past," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 93-111.
- Izumi Yokoyama & Takuya Obara, 2017. "Optimal combination of wage cuts and layoffs—the unexpected side effect of a performance-based payment system," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-15, December.
- YOKOYAMA, Izumi & OBARA, Takuya, 2015. "Optimal Combination of Wage Cuts and Layoffs: The Unexpected Side Effect of a Performance-based Payment System," Discussion Papers 2015-07, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Thomas Groll & Christopher J. Ellis, 2013. "Dynamic Commercial Lobbying," CESifo Working Paper Series 4114, CESifo Group Munich.
- Campbell III, Carl M., 2006. "A model of the determinants of effort," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 215-237, March.
- Francis Teal & MÃƒÂ¥ns SÃƒÂ¶derbom, 2002. "Size and Efficiency in African Manufacturing Firms: Evidence from Firm-Level Panel Data," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2002-07, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:4:y:1986:i:4:p:560-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.