The Industrial Mobility of Displaced Workers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Barron, John M & McCafferty, Stephen, 1977. "Job Search, Labor Supply, and the Quit Decision: Theory and Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 683-691, September.
- Madden, Janice Fanning, 1987. "Gender Differences in the Cost of Displacement: An Empirical Test of Discrimination in the Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 246-251, May.
- Kathryn L. Shaw, 1984. "A Formulation of the Earnings Function Using the Concept of Occupational Investment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(3), pages 319-340.
- Feldstein, Martin & Poterba, James, 1984. "Unemployment insurance and reservation wages," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 141-167.
- Blau, David M. & Robins, Philip K., 1986. "Job search, wage offers, and unemployment insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 173-197, March.
- Linda Leighton & Jacob Mincer, 1982. "Labor Turnover and Youth Unemployment," NBER Chapters,in: The Youth Labor Market Problem: Its Nature, Causes, and Consequences, pages 235-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1985. "Unemployment insurance and the distribution of unemployment spells," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 85-101, April.
- John T. Warner & J. Carl Poindexter & Robert M. Fearn, 1980. "Employer-Employee Interaction and the Duration of Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 211-233.
- William F. Barnes, 1975. "Job Search Models, the Duration of Unemployment, and the Asking Wage: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 10(2), pages 230240.
- Kathryn L. Shaw, 1985. "Occupational change, employer change, and the transferability of skills," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John M. Barron & Wesley Mellow, 1979. "Search Effort in the Labor Market," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 389-404.
- Jerry Hausman & Aaron Han, 1986. "Semiparametric Estimation of Duration and Competing Risk Models," Working papers 450, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jacob Mincer & Haim Ofek, 1982. "Interrupted Work Careers: Depreciation and Restoration of Human Capital," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(1), pages 3-24.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1971. "Information and Frictional Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 290-301, June.
- Bruce K. Fallick, 1988. "Job Search in More Than One Labor Market," UCLA Economics Working Papers 495, UCLA Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marius Brülhart & Robert J. R. Elliott & Joanne Lindley, 2006.
"Intra-Industry Trade and Labour-Market Adjustment: A Reassessment Using Data on Individual Workers,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 142(3), pages 521-545, October.
- Joanne Kathryn Lindley & Marius Brullhart & Rob Elliott, 2005. "Intra-industry trade and labour market adjustment: A reassessment using data on individual workers," Working Papers 2005005, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised May 2005.
- William J. Carrington, 2015. "Do We Know Why Earnings Fall with Job Displacement? Working Paper: 2015-01," Working Papers 49908, Congressional Budget Office.
- Frank Neffke & Anne Otto & César Hidalgo, 2016.
"The mobility of displaced workers: How the local industry mix affects job search strategies,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
1605, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2016.
- Frank Neffke & Anne Otto & Cesar A. Hidalgo, 2016. "The Mobility of Displaced Workers: How the Local Industry Mix Affects Job Search Strategies," CID Working Papers 71, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Randall W. Eberts & Christopher J. O'Leary & Kelly DeRango, 2002. "A Frontline Decision Support System for One-Stop Centers," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Randall W. Eberts & Christopher J. O'Leary & Stephen A. Wandner (ed.), Targeting Employment Services, chapter 12, pages 337-379 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki, 1998. "Effects of employer-provided severance benefits on reemployment outcomes," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Nov, pages 41-68.
- Swaim, Paul & Podgursky, Michael, 1994. "Female Labor Supply Following Displacement: A Split-Population Model of Labor Force Participation and Job Search," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(4), pages 640-656, October.
- Chan, William, 1996. "Intersectoral Mobility and Short-Run Labor Market Adjustments," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 454-471, July.
- Vilhuber, Lars, 2001. "La spécificité de la formation en milieu de travail : un survol des contributions théoriques et empiriques récentes," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 77(1), pages 133-167, mars.
- Andrew Figura, 2003. "The effect of restructuring on unemployment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-56, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- LE Marcal, 2001. "Does Trade Adjustment Assistance Help Trade-Displaced Workers?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(1), pages 59-72, January.
- Shin, Kwanho, 1997. "Sectoral shocks and movement costs: Effects on employment and welfare," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 449-471.
- Chen, Ming-Yuan, 2002. "Survival duration of plants: Evidence from the US petroleum refining industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 517-555, April.
- Strauss, Jack, 1997. "The influence of traded and nontraded wages on relative prices and real exchange rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 391-395, September.
- Yankow, Jeffrey J., 2004. "The Geographic Mobility of Displaced Workers: Do Local Employment Conditions Matter?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2), pages 120-136.
- Idson, Todd L & Valletta, Robert G, 1996. "Seniority, Sectoral Decline, and Employee Retention: An Analysis of Layoff Unemployment Spells," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(4), pages 654-676, October.
- repec:bla:indres:v:56:y:2017:i:4:p:688-722 is not listed on IDEAS
- David N. Margolis, 2002. "Licenciements collectifs et délais de reprise d'emploi," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 351(1), pages 65-85.
- Randall W. Eberts & Christopher J. O'Leary, 2003.
"A Frontline Decision Support System for Georgia Career Centers,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Joshua Riley & Aquila Branch & Stephen Wandner & Wayne Gordon (ed.), A Compilation of Selected Papers from the Employment and Training Administration's 2003 Biennial National Research Conference, ETA Occasional Paper 20, pages 80-129
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Randall W. Eberts & Christopher J. O'Leary, 2002. "A Frontline Decision Support System for Georgia Career Centers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-84, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Carrington, William J. & Fallick, Bruce C., 2014. "Why Do Earnings Fall with Job Displacement?," Working Papers (Old Series) 1405, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Tsou, Meng-Wen & Liu, Jin-Tan & Hammitt, James K. & Chang, Ching-Fu, 2013. "The impact of foreign direct investment in China on employment adjustments in Taiwan: Evidence from matched employer–employee data," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25, pages 68-79.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 1998. "Job Displacement," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 115-136, Winter.
- Drinkwater, Stephen & Latreille, Paul L. & Knight, Ben, 2008. "When It's (Mostly) the Taking Part that Counts: The Post-Application Consequences of Employment Tribunal Claims," IZA Discussion Papers 3629, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:11:y:1993:i:2:p:302-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.