The Location Decisions of Foreign Investors in China: Untangling the Effect of Wages Using a Control Function Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Xuepeng Liu & Mary E. Lovely & Jan Ondrich, 2017. "The Location Decisions Of Foreign Investors In China: Untangling The Effect Of Wages Using A Control Function Approach," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Economic Integration and Domestic Performance, chapter 11, pages 191-197 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
References listed on IDEAS
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995. "The role of theory in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 61-79, May.
- Oliver Hart, 1982. "A Model of Imperfect Competition with Keynesian Features," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(1), pages 109-138.
- Ball, Laurence & Romer, David, 2003. " Inflation and the Informativeness of Prices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 177-196, April.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Chirinko, R S & Fazzari, S, 1994.
"Economic Fluctuations, Market Power, and Returns to Scale: Evidence from Firm-Level Data,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 47-69, Jan.-Marc.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Steven Fazzari, 1993. "Economic fluctuations, market power, and returns to scale: evidence from firm-level data," Research Working Paper 93-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-666, September.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1991. "Markups and the Business Cycle," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1991, Volume 6, pages 63-140 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chirinko, Robert S., 1993. "Multiple capital inputs, Q, and investment spending," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(5-6), pages 907-928.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-947, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rotemberg, Julio J & Woodford, Michael, 1996.
"Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 550-577, November.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1996. "Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 5634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr., 2000. "Inflation and Welfare," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 247-274, March.
- Roland Benabou, 1992. "Inflation and Efficiency in Search Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(2), pages 299-329.
- Roland Benabou, 1988. "Search, Price Setting and Inflation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(3), pages 353-376.
- Barnett, Steven A. & Sakellaris, Plutarchos, 1998. "Nonlinear response of firm investment to Q:: Testing a model of convex and non-convex adjustment costs1," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 261-288, July.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "Market Structure and Macroeconomic Fluctuations," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 17(2), pages 285-338.
- Rotemberg, Julio J. & Woodford, Michael, 1999.
"The cyclical behavior of prices and costs,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 1051-1135
- John B. Taylor, 1998. "Staggered Price and Wage Setting in Macroeconomics," NBER Working Papers 6754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benabou, Roland, 1992.
"Inflation and markups : Theories and evidence from the retail trade sector,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 566-574, April.
- Benabou, R., 1991. "Inflation and Markups: Theories and Evidence from the Retail Trade Sector," Working papers 587, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Rotemberg, Julio J. & Woodford, Michael, 1999. "The cyclical behavior of prices and costs," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 1051-1135 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Ascani & Riccardo Crescenzi & Simona Iammarino, 2015.
"Economic Institutions and the Location Strategies of European Multinationals in their Geographical Neighbourhood,"
LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series
97, European Institute, LSE.
- Andrea Ascani & Riccardo Crescenzi & Simona Iammarino, 2015. "Economic Institutions and the Location Strategies of European Multinationals in their Geographical Neighbourhood," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2015-07, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Chen, Maggie Xiaoyang & Moore, Michael O., 2010.
"Location decision of heterogeneous multinational firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 188-199, March.
- Chen, Maggie Xiaoyang & Moore, Michael, 2009. "Location decision of heterogeneous multinational firms," MPRA Paper 33482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maggie Xiaoyang Chen & Michael Owen Moore, 2009. "Location Decisions of Heterogeneous Multinational Firms," Working Papers 2009-17, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Che, Yi & Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang, 2017. "Institutional Difference and FDI Location Choice: Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 77158, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:jecrev:v:68:y:2017:i:1:p:95-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bin Ni, 2016. "Are investment promotion agencies doing the right thing? evidence from China," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(3), pages 1325-1336.
- Ono, Arito & Miyakawa, Daisuke & Hosono, Kaoru & Uchida, Hirofumi & Uchino, Taisuke & Uesugi, Iichiro, 2014.
"Transaction Partners and Firm Relocation Choice: Evidence from the Tohoku Earthquake,"
HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series
11, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- ONO Arito & MIYAKAWA Daisuke & HOSONO Kaoru & UCHIDA Hirofumi & UCHINO Taisuke & UESUGI Iichiro, 2014. "Transaction Partners and Firm Relocation Choice: Evidence from the Tohoku Earthquake," Discussion papers 14054, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Watanabe Masahide & Kawata Yukichika, 2017. "What Extent of Welfare Loss is Caused by the Disparity between Perceived and Scientific Risks? A Case Study of Food Irradiation," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 17(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Heinrich, Timo, 2012.
"Communication and reputation in procurement auctions — Some empirical evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 164-167.
- Heinrich, Timo, 2011. "Communication and Reputation in Procurement Auctions – Some Empirical Evidence," Ruhr Economic Papers 253, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Nathan E. Wilso, 2016. "Market Structure as a Determinant of Patient Care Quality," American Journal of Health Economics, MIT Press, vol. 2(2), pages 241-271, Spring.
- repec:bla:jecrev:v:68:y:2017:i:2:p:232-243 is not listed on IDEAS
- Corentin Trevien & Thierry Mayer, 2013. "Urban Public Transportation and Firm Location Choice Evidence from the Regional Express Rail of Paris Metropolitan area," ERSA conference papers ersa13p566, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bin Ni, 2013. "Are Investment Promotion Agencies Doing the Thing Right? Evidence from China," OSIPP Discussion Paper 13E004Rev., Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University, revised Jan 2015.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:320-327 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ascani, Andrea & Crescenzi, Riccardo & Iammarino, Simona, 2016. "Economic institutions and the location strategies of European multinationals in their geographic neighborhood," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65496, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timo Heinrich, 2011. "Communication and Reputation in Procurement Auctions – Some Empirical Evidence," Ruhr Economic Papers 0253, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Dirk HoltbrÃ¼gge & Carina B. Friedmann, 2016. "Does location choice affect foreign subsidiary success in India? An empirical study based on Porter's diamond model," International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 3-29.
More about this item
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:92:y:2010:i:1:p:160-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .