Arbitrage and the Savings Behavior of State Governments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 1989. "Arbitrage and the Savings Behavior of State Governments," NBER Working Papers 3017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward M. Gramlich, 1978. "State and Local Budgets the Day after It Rained: Why Is the Surplus So High?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 9(1), pages 191-216.
- J. Richard Aronson & James R. Marsden, 1980. "Duplicating Moody's Municipal Credit Ratings," Public Finance Review, , vol. 8(1), pages 97-106, January.
- Engle, Robert F., 1984. "Wald, likelihood ratio, and Lagrange multiplier tests in econometrics," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 13, pages 775-826 Elsevier.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Taylor, William E., 1981. "A generalized specification test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 239-245.
- James M. Poterba, 1986. "Explaining the Yield Spread between Taxable and Tax-exempt Bonds: The Role of Expected Tax Policy," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in State and Local Public Finance, pages 5-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Metcalfe, G.E., 1988. "Federal Tax Policy And Municipal Financial Behavior," Papers 29, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Roger H. Gordon & Joel B. Slemrod, 1986.
"An Empirical Examination of Municipal Financial Policy,"
NBER Chapters,in: Studies in State and Local Public Finance, pages 53-82
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roger H. Gordon & Joel Slemrod, 1985. "An Empirical Examination of Municipal Financial Policy," NBER Working Papers 1599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Metcalf, G.E., 1991.
"The Role Of Federal Taxation In The Supply Of Municipal Bonds: Evidence From Municipal Governments,"
72, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - John M. Olin Program.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 1991. "The Role of Federal Taxation in the Supply of Municipal Bonds: Evidence From Municipal Governments," NBER Working Papers 3891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodolfo Apreda, 2003. "On the Extent of Arbitrage Constraints within Transaction Algebras (A non-standard approach)," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 239, Universidad del CEMA.
- Maria Cornachione Kula, 2014. "Are US state and local governments consumption smoothers?," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 41(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Metcalf, Gilbert E., 1993. "Federal taxation and the supply of state debt," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 269-285, July.
- Maria Cornachione Kula, 2004. "U.S. States, the Medicaid Program, and Tax Smoothing," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 490-511, January.
- Bohn, Henning & Inman, Robert P., 1996.
"Balanced-budget rules and public deficits: evidence from the U.S. states,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 13-76, December.
- Henning Bohn & Robert P. Inman, 1996. "Balanced Budget Rules and Public Deficits: Evidence from the U.S. States," NBER Working Papers 5533, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:72:y:1990:i:3:p:390-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .