Class Attendance and Exam Performance: A Randomized Experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Byron W. Brown & Carl E. Liedholm, 2002. "Can Web Courses Replace the Classroom in Principles of Microeconomics?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 444-448.
- Coates, Dennis & Humphreys, Brad R. & Kane, John & Vachris, Michelle A., 2004. ""No significant distance" between face-to-face and online instruction: evidence from principles of economics," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 533-546, October.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Peter Navarro, 2000. "Economics in the Cyberclassroom," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 119-132, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tin-chun Lin, 2010. "Does a student's preference for a teacher's instructional style matter? An analysis of an economic approach," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1320-1332.
- Oskar Harmon & William Alpert & Archita Banik & James Lambrinos, 2015. "Class Absence, Instructor Lecture Notes, Intellectual Styles, and Learning Outcomes," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, pages 349-361.
- William Bosshardt & Peter E. Kennedy, 2011. "Data Resources and Econometric Techniques," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 35 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:4:p:1966-1985 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Smith, Jeremy, 2012.
"Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 363-375.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin A. & Jeremy Smith, 2007. "Am I missing something? The effects of absence from class on student performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 820, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Naylor, Robin & Smith, Jeremy, 2008. "Am I Missing Something? The Effects of Absence from Class on Student Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 3749, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jennjou Chen & Tsui-Fang Lin, 2012. "Do Supplemental Online Recorded Lectures Help Students Learn Microeconomics?," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, pages 6-15.
- Ann L. Owen, 2011. "Student Characteristics, Behavior, and Performance in Economics Classes," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 32 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Alexandr Akimov & Sonja Kobinger & Mirela Malin, 2017. "Determinants of student success in finance courses," Discussion Papers in Finance finance:201701, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Cuffe, Harold E. & Waddell, Glen R. & Bignell, Wesley, 2014. "Too Busy for School? The Effect of Athletic Participation on Absenteeism," IZA Discussion Papers 8426, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Astrid Schmulian & Stephen Coetzee, 2011. "Class absenteeism: reasons for non-attendance and the effect on academic performance," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 178-194, September.
- Sam Allgood & William B. Walstad & John J. Siegfried, 2015.
"Research on Teaching Economics to Undergraduates,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 285-325.
- Martin Gaynor & Kate Ho & Robert Town, 2014. "The Industrial Organization of Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 19800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "The impact of class absenteeism on undergraduates’ academic performance: evidence from an elite Economics school in Portugal," FEP Working Papers 503, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Christian Dreger & Yanqun Zhang, 2014.
"On the relevance of exports for regional output growth in China,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(35), pages 4302-4308, December.
- Decker, Philipp & Pierdzioch, Christian & Stadtmann, Georg, 2011. "Experimentelle Evidenz zur Wirkung der Teilnahme an E-Learning-Veranstaltungen auf den Klausurerfolg," Discussion Papers 306, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Christian Dreger & Yanqun Zhang, 2013. "On the Relevance of Exports for Regional Output Growth in China," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1264, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Goulas, Sofoklis & Megalokonomou, Rigissa, 2016. "Swine Flu and The Effect of Compulsory Class Attendance on Academic Performance," MPRA Paper 75395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jeduce:v:39:y:2008:i:3:p:213-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/VECE20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .