What Drives Different Types of Capital Flows and their Volatilities in Developing Asia?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mercado, Rogelio & Park, Cyn-Young, 2011. "What Drives Different Types of Capital Flows and Their Volatilities in Developing Asia?," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 84, Asian Development Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Broner & Roberto Rigobon, 2004.
"Why are capital flows so much more volatile in emerging than in developed countries?,"
Economics Working Papers
862, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fernando A. Broner & Roberto Rigobon, 2005. "Why are Capital Flows so Much More Volatile in Emerging Than in Developed Countries?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 328, Central Bank of Chile.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1993.
"Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 108-151, March.
- Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen Reinhart & Guillermo Calvo, 1992. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America; The Role of External Factors," IMF Working Papers 92/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993.
"Af1uencia de capital y apreciacion del tipo de cambio real en America Latina: E1 papel de los factores externos
[Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of Ex," MPRA Paper 13681, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993. "“Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," MPRA Paper 7125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark A. Carlson & Leonardo Hernandez, 2002. "Determinants and repercussions of the composition of capital inflows," International Finance Discussion Papers 717, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo, 1996.
"The new wave of private capital inflows: Push or pull?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 389-418, March.
- Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo & DEC, 1994. "The new wave of private capital inflows : push or pull?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1312, The World Bank.
- Dasgupta, Dipak & Ratha, Dilip, 2000. "What factors appear to drive private capital flows to developing countries? and how does official lending respond?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2392, The World Bank.
- Baek, In-Mee, 2006. "Portfolio investment flows to Asia and Latin America: Pull, push or market sentiment?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 363-373, April.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 2000. "Causes of capital flows in developing countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 235-253, April.
- Carmen Broto & Javier Díaz-Cassou & Aitor Erce-Domínguez, 2008. "The Sources of Capital Flows Volatility: Empirical Evidence for Emerging Countries," Money Affairs, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 93-128, January-J.
- Neumann, Rebecca M. & Penl, Ron & Tanku, Altin, 2009. "Volatility of capital flows and financial liberalization: Do specific flows respond differently?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 488-501, June.
- Cavoli, Tony & Rajan, Ramkishen S., 2009. "Managing Risks in a Volatile Environment: The Capital Inflows Problem in Asia," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 62(3), pages 325-340.
- Ito, Hiro & Jongwanich, Juthathip & Terada-Hagiwara, Akiko, 2009. "What Makes Developing Asia Resilient in a Financially Globalized World?," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 181, Asian Development Bank.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Rodrigo O. Valdes & Leonardo Hernández & Pamela Melado, 2001. "Determinants of Private Capital Flows in the 1970's and 1990's; Is there Evidence of Contagion?," IMF Working Papers 01/64, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rogelio Mercado Jr., 2018. "Bilateral Capital Flows: Gravity, Push, and Pull," Trinity Economics Papers tep0818, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Park, Cyn-Young & Byun, Hyung-suk, 2013.
"Do contagion effects exist in capital flow volatility?,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 76-95.
- Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Park, Cyn-Young & Byun, Hyung-suk, 2012. "Do Contagion Effects Exist in Capital Flow Volatility?," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 302, Asian Development Bank.
- Schmidt, Torsten & Zwick, Lina, 2015.
"Uncertainty and episodes of extreme capital flows in the Euro Area,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 343-356.
- Schmidt, Torsten & Zwick, Lina, 2013. "Uncertainty and Episodes of Extreme Capital Flows in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 461, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Förster, Marcel & Jorra, Markus & Tillmann, Peter, 2014.
"The dynamics of international capital flows: Results from a dynamic hierarchical factor model,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(PA), pages 101-124.
- Marcel Förster & Markus Jorra & Peter Tillmann, 2012. "The Dynamics of International Capital Flows: Results from a Dynamic Hierarchical Factor Model," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201221, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0461 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chantapacdepong, Pornpinun & Shim, Ilhyock, 2015. "Correlations across Asia-Pacific bond markets and the impact of capital flow management measures," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 71-101.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2015. "Economic Management in a Volatile Environment: Monetary and Financial Issues by Ramkishen S. Rajan and Sasidaran Gopalan Palgrave Macmillan , London , 2015 Pp. xx+283. ISBN 9 78 137 37151-5," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 29(2), pages 103-106, November.
- repec:spr:portec:v:16:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10258-016-0126-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Jie & Rajan, Ramkishen S., 2015. "Do capital controls make gross equity flows to emerging markets less volatile?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 220-244.
- Oeking, Anne & Zwick, Lina, 2015. "On the relation between capital flows and the current account," Ruhr Economic Papers 565, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Torsten Schmidt & Lina Zwick, 2013. "Uncertainty and Episodes of Extreme Capital Flows in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 0461, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Ben Salha, Ousama, 2013. "Does economic globalization affect the level and volatility of labor demand by skill? New insights from the Tunisian manufacturing industries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 572-597.
- Di Filippo, Gabriele, 2017. "What Drives Gross Flows in Equity and Investment Fund Shares in Luxembourg?," MPRA Paper 84200, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Jan 2018.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:312-320 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:25:y:2011:i:4:p:655-680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.