Evidence on PPP for selected Asian countries from a panel cointegration test with structural breaks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 2000.
"Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 565-613, April.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997. "Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 6312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997. "Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 79, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Amado Peiro & Javier Quesada & Ezequiel Uriel, 1998. "Transmission of movements in stock markets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 331-343.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Rui, Oliver Meng & Wang, Steven Shuye, 2004. "Information transmission between the NASDAQ and Asian second board markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1637-1670, July.
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990. "Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- N. Blasco & P. Corredor & R. Santamaria, 2002. "Is bad news cause of asymmetric volatility response? A note," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(10), pages 1227-1231.
- John Wei, K. C. & Liu, Yu-Jane & Yang, Chau-Chen & Chaung, Guey-Shiang, 1995. "Volatility and price change spillover effects across the developed and emerging markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 113-136, May.
- Wang, Steven Shuye & Firth, Michael, 2004. "Do bears and bulls swim across oceans? Market information transmission between greater China and the rest of the world," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 235-254, July.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Susmel, Raul & Engle, Robert F., 1994. "Hourly volatility spillovers between international equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Jorge Gonzalez & Roger Spencer & Daniel Walz, 2003. "A contemporary analysis of Mexican stock market volatility," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(10), pages 741-745.
- Baillie, Richard T. & DeGennaro, Ramon P., 1990. "Stock Returns and Volatility," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 203-214, June.
- Philip Hans Franses & Dick van Dijk & Andre Lucas, 2004.
"Short patches of outliers, ARCH and volatility modelling,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 221-231.
- Philip Hans Franses & Dick van Dijk & André Lucas, 1998. "Short Patches of Outliers, ARCH and Volatility Modeling," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-057/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Baur, Dirk & Jung, Robert C., 2006. "Return and volatility linkages between the US and the German stock market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 598-613, June.
- Wang, Steven Shuye & Meng Rui, Oliver & Firth, Michael, 2002. "Return and volatility behavior of dually-traded stocks: the case of Hong Kong," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 265-293, April.
- Rahman, Shafiqur & Lee, Cheng-few & Ang, Kian Ping, 2002. "Intraday Return Volatility Process: Evidence from NASDAQ Stocks," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 155-180, September.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Becker, Kent G & Finnerty, Joseph E & Gupta, Manoj, 1990. " The Intertemporal Relation between the U.S. and Japanese Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1297-1306, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Akgiray, Vedat, 1989. "Conditional Heteroscedasticity in Time Series of Stock Returns: Evidence and Forecasts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 55-80, January.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1999. "Are Asian stock market fluctuations due mainly to intra-regional contagion effects? Evidence based on Asian emerging stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 251-282, August.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
- Gallant, A Ronald & Rossi, Peter E & Tauchen, George, 1992. "Stock Prices and Volume," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(2), pages 199-242.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Cakan, Esin, 2010. "The persistence in real exchange rate: Evidence from East Asian countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 891-895, September.
- Matsuki, Takashi & Sugimoto, Kimiko, 2013. "Stationarity of Asian real exchange rates: An empirical application of multiple testing to nonstationary panels with a structural break," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 52-58.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:42:y:2010:i:3:p:325-332. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.