Foreign shareholding: a decomposition analysis
Stulz (2005) has emphasized that for home bias to decline, insiders have to reduce ownership so as to make purchase of shares by foreigners possible. We offer a decomposition in the ownership of shares by foreigners into three parts: the change in insider shareholding, the change in market capitalization and the change in the fraction of outside shareholding that is held by foreigners. As an example, this decomposition is applied to help understand the sharp change in foreign ownership of Indian firms after 2001.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 21 (2011)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAFE20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kho, Bong-Chan & Stulz, Rene M. & Warnock, Francis E., 2006.
"Financial Globalization, Governance, and the Evolution of the Home Bias,"
Working Paper Series
2006-12, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Bong-Chan Kho & René M. Stulz & Francis E. Warnock, 2009. "Financial Globalization, Governance, and the Evolution of the Home Bias," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 597-635, 05.
- Bong-Chan Kho & René M. Stulz & Francis E. Warnock, 2006. "Financial Globalization, Governance, and the Evolution of the Home Bias," NBER Working Papers 12389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bong-Chan Kho & René M Stulz & Francis E Warnock, 2006. "Financial globalisation, governance and the evolution of the home bias," BIS Working Papers 220, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bong-Chan Kho & Rene M. Stulz & Francis E. Warnock, 2008. "Financial globalization, governance, and the evolution of the home bias," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 12, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:21:y:2011:i:10:p:743-746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.