Foreign shareholding: a decomposition analysis
Stulz (2005) has emphasized that for home bias to decline, insiders have to reduce ownership so as to make purchase of shares by foreigners possible. We offer a decomposition in the ownership of shares by foreigners into three parts: the change in insider shareholding, the change in market capitalization and the change in the fraction of outside shareholding that is held by foreigners. As an example, this decomposition is applied to help understand the sharp change in foreign ownership of Indian firms after 2001.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 21 (2011)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAFE20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bong-Chan Kho & René M. Stulz & Francis E. Warnock, 2006.
"Financial Globalization, Governance, and the Evolution of the Home Bias,"
NBER Working Papers
12389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bong-Chan Kho & René M. Stulz & Francis E. Warnock, 2009. "Financial Globalization, Governance, and the Evolution of the Home Bias," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 597-635, 05.
- Kho, Bong-Chan & Stulz, Rene M. & Warnock, Francis E., 2008. "Financial globalization, governance, and the evolution of the home bias," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 12, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bong-Chan Kho & René M Stulz & Francis E Warnock, 2006. "Financial globalisation, governance and the evolution of the home bias," BIS Working Papers 220, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kho, Bong-Chan & Stulz, Rene M. & Warnock, Francis E., 2006. "Financial Globalization, Governance, and the Evolution of the Home Bias," Working Paper Series 2006-12, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- René M. Stulz, 2005.
"The Limits of Financial Globalization,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(4), pages 1595-1638, 08.
- Stulz, Rene M., 2005. "The Limits of Financial Globalization," Working Paper Series 2005-1, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Rene M. Stulz, 2005. "The Limits of Financial Globalization," NBER Working Papers 11070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:21:y:2011:i:10:p:743-746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.