Firms as the source of innovation and growth: the evolution of technological competence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arifovic, Jasmina, 1994. "Genetic algorithm learning and the cobweb model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-28, January.
- Chris Birchenhall & Nikos Kastrinos & Stan Metcalfe, 1997. "Genetic algorithms in evolutionary modelling," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 375-393.
- Andreoni James & Miller John H., 1995. "Auctions with Artificial Adaptive Agents," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 39-64, July.
- Clemens, Christiane & Riechmann, Thomas, 1996. "Evolutionäre Optimierungsverfahren und ihr Einsatz in der ökonomischen Forschung," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-195, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Riechmann, Thomas, 2001. "Genetic algorithm learning and evolutionary games," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(6-7), pages 1019-1037, June.
- Bullard, James & Duffy, John, 1998.
"A model of learning and emulation with artificial adaptive agents,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 179-207, February.
- James B. Bullard & John Duffy, 1994. "A model of learning and emulation with artificial adaptive agents," Working Papers 1994-014, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1986. "Adaptive Behavior and Economic Theory," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 401-426, October.
- Arifovic, Jasmina, 1996. "The Behavior of the Exchange Rate in the Genetic Algorithm and Experimental Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(3), pages 510-541, June.
- Hayek, F. A., 2012. "New Studies in Philosophy, Politics, Economics, and the History of Ideas," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226321288.
- Blume, Lawrence E. & Easley, David, 1993. "Economic natural selection," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2-3), pages 281-289.
- Birchenhall, Chris, 1995. "Modular Technical Change and Genetic Algorithms," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 8(3), pages 233-253, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vertova, Giovanna, 2002. "A historical investigation of the geography of innovative activities," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 259-283, September.
- Rossi, Federica, 2002. "An introductory overview of innovation studies," MPRA Paper 9106, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2008.
- Huang, Mu-Hsuan & Chang, Han-Wen & Chen, Dar-Zen, 2012. "The trend of concentration in scientific research and technological innovation: A reduction of the predominant role of the U.S. in world research & technology," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 457-468.
- Zouhour Karray & Mohamed Kriaa, 2009. "Innovation and R&D Investment of Tunisian Firms: A Two-Regime Model with Selectivity Correction," Working Papers 484, Economic Research Forum, revised Apr 2009.
- Barnard, Helena, 2008. "Uneven domestic knowledge bases and the success of foreign firms in the USA," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1674-1683, December.
- Helena Barnard & John Cantwell, 2006. "Knowledge in the Theory of the Firm and MNC: Asset or Action? A Commentary on Foss N. “Knowledge and Organisation in the Theory of the MNC”," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 10(1), pages 21-27, March.
- Bart Leten & Rene Belderbos & Bart Van Looy, 2016.
"Entry and Technological Performance in New Technology Domains: Technological Opportunities, Technology Competition and Technological Relatedness,"
Journal of Management Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(8), pages 1257-1291, December.
- Bart Leten & Rene Belderbos & Bart Van Looy, 2016. " Entry and technological performance in new technology domains: Technological opportunities, technology competition and technological relatedness," Working Papers Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) 540570, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
- Dimitri UZUNIDIS & Sophie BOUTILLIER, 2012. "Globalisation de la R&D et innovation collaborative : l’expansion des frontières de la firme GLOBALIZATION OF R&D AND COLLABORATIVE INNOVATION: THE EXPANSION OF THE FIRM’S BORDER," Working Papers 255, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Rodrigo Martín-Rojas & Virginia Fernández-Pérez & Encarnación García-Sánchez, 0. "Encouraging organizational performance through the influence of technological distinctive competencies on components of corporate entrepreneurship," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-30.
- Grillitsch, Markus & Nilsson , Magnus, 2013.
"Technological competencies and firm performance: Analyzing the importance of internal and external competencies,"
Papers in Innovation Studies
2013/24, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Grillitsch, Markus & Nilsson, Magnus, 2014. "Technological Competencies and Firm Performance: Analyzing the Importance of Internal and External Competencies," 2014 International European Forum, February 17-21, 2014, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 199064, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Christensen, Jens Froslev, 2002. "Incongruities as a source of organizational renewal in corporate management of R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1317-1332, December.
- Girum Abebe, 2012. "Ownership, Management Practices, Upgrading, and Productivity in the Metalworking sector: Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers 009, Ethiopian Development Research Institute.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:13:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11365-016-0406-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chia-Chin Chang, 2015. "Influences of knowledge spillover and utilization on the NIS performance: a multi-stage efficiency perspective," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(5), pages 1945-1967, September.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:127:y:2018:i:c:p:258-270 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fai, Felicia & von Tunzelmann, Nicholas, 2001. "Industry-specific competencies and converging technological systems: evidence from patents," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 141-170, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate technological competence ; Technological persistence ; Firms ; Innovation ; Growth;
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- N80 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - General, International, or Comparative
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:9:y:1999:i:3:p:331-366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .