Reinterpreting the performance of immigrant wages from panel data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garnett Picot & Patrizio Piraino, 2013.
"Immigrant earnings growth: selection bias or real progress?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1510-1536, November.
- Picot, Garnett & Piraino, Patrizio, 2010. "Immigrant Earnings Growth: Selection Bias or Real Progress?," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2010-35, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 28 Dec 2010.
- Picot, Garnett & Piraino, Patrizio, 2012. "Immigrant Earnings Growth: Selection Bias or Real Progress?," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2012340e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Michael Beenstock & Barry Chiswick & Ari Paltiel, 2010. "Testing the immigrant assimilation hypothesis with longitudinal data," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 7-27, March.
- Maude BOULET & Brahim BOUDARBAT, 2015. "The Economic Performance of Immigrants with Canadian Education," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(2), pages 23-40.
- Mikal Skuterud & Mingcui Su, 2012. "The influence of measurement error and unobserved heterogeneity in estimating immigrant returns to foreign and host-country sources of human capital," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 1109-1141, December.
- Sweetman, Arthur & Warman, Casey, 2009. "Temporary Foreign Workers and Former International Students as a Source of Permanent Immigration," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-34, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Jun 2009.
- Alcobendas, Miguel Angel & Rodríguez-Planas, Núria, 2009.
"Immigrants' Assimilation Process in a Segmented Labor Market,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4394, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Miguel Angel Alcobendas & Núria Rodríquez-Planas, 2010. "Immigrants' Assimilation Process In A Segmented Labor Market," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 822.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Hamid Beladi & Saibal Kar, 2015. "Skilled and Unskilled Immigrants and Entrepreneurship in a Developed Country," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 666-682, August.
- Nguyen, Ha Trong & Duncan, Alan S, 2017.
"Exchange rate fluctuations and immigrants' labour market outcomes: New evidence from Australian household panel data,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 174-186.
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Alan Duncan, 2015. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Immigrants' Labour Market Outcomes: New Evidence from Australian Household Panel Data," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1503, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Cristina Fernández & Carolina Ortega, 2008.
"Labor market assimilation of immigrants in Spain: employment at the expense of bad job-matches?,"
Spanish Economic Review,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 83-107, June.
- Cristina Fernández & Ana Carolina Ortega Masagué, 2006. "Labor Market Assimilation of Immigrants in Spain: Employment at the Expense of Bad Job-Matches?," Working Papers 2006-21, FEDEA.
- Fernandez, Cristina & Ortega, Carolina, 2006. "Labour market assimilation of immigrants in Spain: employment at the expense of bad job-matches?," IESE Research Papers D/644, IESE Business School.
- Juan J. Dolado & Pablo Vázquez & Varios Autores, 2008. "Ensayos sobre los efectos económicos de la inmigración en España," Economic Reports 01-08, FEDEA.
- Mosfequs Salehin & Robert Breunig, 2012. "The immigrant wage gap and assimilation in Australia: the impact of unobserved heterogeneity," CEPR Discussion Papers 661, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Robert Breunig & Syed Hasan & Mosfequs Salehin, 2013. "The Immigrant Wage Gap and Assimilation in Australia: Does Unobserved Heterogeneity Matter?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89(287), pages 490-507, December.
- Abdurrahman Aydemir & Wen-Hao Chen & Miles Corak, 2009.
"Intergenerational Earnings Mobility among the Children of Canadian Immigrants,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 377-397, May.
- Aydemir, Abdurrahman & Chen, Wen-Hao & Corak, Miles, 2005. "Intergenerational Earnings Mobility Among the Children of Canadian Immigrants," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2005267e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Abdurrahman Aydemir & Wen-Hao Chen & Miles Corak, 2005. "Intergenerational Earnings Mobility Among the Children of Canadian Immigrants," Labor and Demography 0511006, EconWPA.
- Aydemir, Abdurrahman & Chen, Wen-Hao & Corak, Miles, 2006. "Intergenerational Earnings Mobility among the Children of Canadian Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 2085, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beenstock, Michael & Chiswick, Barry R. & Paltiel, Ari, 2005. "Endogenous Assimilation and Immigrant Adjustment in Longitudinal Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1840, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Casey Warman, 2007. "You Can Take it with You! The Returns to Foreign Human Capital of Male Temporary Foreign Workers," Working Papers 1125, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Skuterud, Mikal & Su, Mingcui, 2009. "Immigrant Wage Assimilation and the Return to Foreign and Host-Country Sources of Human Capital," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-38, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 26 Jun 2009.
- Goldmann, Gustave & Sweetman, Arthur & Warman, Casey, 2009. "The Economic Return on New Immigrants' Human Capital: the Impact of Occupational Matching," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-30, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Apr 2009.
- Sherrilyn Billger & Carlos Lamarche, 2015. "A panel data quantile regression analysis of the immigrant earnings distribution in the United Kingdom and United States," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 705-750, September.
- Anna Christina D'Addio, 2007. "Intergenerational Transmission of Disadvantage: Mobility or Immobility Across Generations?," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 52, OECD Publishing.
- de Walque, Damien, 2008. "Race, immigration, and the U.S. labor marke t: contrasting the outcomes of foreign born and native blacks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4737, The World Bank.
- Mari Kangasniemi & Merja Kauhanen, 2013. "Who leaves and who stays? Outmigration of Estonian immigrants from Finland and its impact on economic assimilation of Estonian immigrants in Finland," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2013001, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration; wages; panel data; J40; C23; F22;
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:29:y:2004:i:1:p:129-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .