An Analysis of Workers' Choice between Employment in the Public and Private Sectors
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moundir, Lassassi & Menna, Khaled, 2016. "La Notion De « Femmes Au Foyer » En Algerie, Une Realite Ou Une Representation Nostalgique [The Notion Of “ Homemaker” In Algeria, A Reality Or A Nostalgic Representation]," MPRA Paper 85740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kankaanranta, Terhi & Nummi, Tapio & Vainiomaki, Jari & Halila, Hannu & Hyppola, Harri & Isokoski, Mauri & Kujala, Santero & Kumpusalo, Esko & Mattila, Kari & Virjo, Irma & Vanska, Jukka & Rissanen, P, 2007. "The role of job satisfaction, job dissatisfaction and demographic factors on physicians' intentions to switch work sector from public to private," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 50-64, September.
- Pablo Sanabria, 2016. "Job sector and public service motivation: evidence from Colombia," Working Papers 18, Faculty of Economics and Management, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali.
- Pascal Jacquinot & Matija Lozej & Massimiliano Pisani, 2018.
"Labor Tax Reforms, Cross-Country Coordination, and the Monetary Policy Stance in the Euro Area: A Structural Model-Based Approach,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 14(3), pages 65-140, June.
- Jacquinot, Pascal & Lozej, Matija & Pisani, Massimiliano, 2018. "Labour tax reforms, cross-country coordination and the monetary policy stance in the euro area: a structural model-based approach," Working Paper Series 2127, European Central Bank.
- Jacquinot, Pascal & Lozej, Matija & Pisani, Massimiliano, 2018. "Labour tax reforms, cross-country coordination and the monetary policy stance in the euro area: A structural model-based approach," Research Technical Papers 2/RT/18, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Terhi Maczulskij, 2015. "Who chooses to become a public sector employee?," Working Papers 301, Palkansaajien tutkimuslaitos, Labour Institute for Economic Research.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1993. "Public Sector Growth and Labor Market Flexibility: The United States vs. The United Kingdom," NBER Working Papers 4339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dmitry Kucherov & Oxana Pikuleva, 2015. "The Public Civil Service Branding in Russia," Public administration issues, Higher School of Economics, issue 4, pages 65-78.
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Gomes, Pedro Maia & Sopraseuth, Thepthida, 2019. "Public Employment Redux," IZA Discussion Papers 12871, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lucia Rizzica, 2016. "Why go public? A study of the individual determinants of public sector employment choice," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 343, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Prümer, Stephanie, 2019. "Ist der Staat der bessere Arbeitgeber? Arbeitsqualität im Öffentlichen und Privaten Sektor in Deutschland," Discussion Papers 107, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- George J. Borjas, 2002. "The Wage Structure and the Sorting of Workers into the Public Sector," NBER Working Papers 9313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blank, Rebecca M, 1990. "Why Are Wages Cyclical in the 1970s?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 16-47, January.
- Danzer, Natalia, 2019.
"Job satisfaction and self-selection into the public or private sector: Evidence from a natural experiment,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 46-62.
- Danzer, Natalia, 2013. "Job Satisfaction and Self-Selection into the Public or Private Sector: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7644, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Natalia Danzer, 2013. "Job Satisfaction and Self-Selection into the Public or Private Sector: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," ifo Working Paper Series 169, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Jennifer Laird, 2017. "Public Sector Employment Inequality in the United States and the Great Recession," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(1), pages 391-411, February.
- John V. Winters, 2018.
"Veteran status, disability rating, and public sector employment,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(6), pages 1011-1016, June.
- John V.Winters, 2018. "Veteran Status, Disability Rating, and Public Sector Employment," Economics Working Paper Series 1801, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Stephanie Prümer & Claus Schnabel, 2019.
"Questioning the Stereotype of the “Malingering Bureaucrat”: Absence from Work in the Public and Private Sector in Germany,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(4), pages 570-603, November.
- Prümer, Stephanie & Schnabel, Claus, 2019. "Questioning the stereotype of the "malingering bureaucrat" absence from work in the public and private sector in Germany," Discussion Papers 108, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Prümer, Stephanie & Schnabel, Claus, 2019. "Questioning the Stereotype of the "Malingering Bureaucrat": Absence from Work in the Public and Private Sector in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 12392, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Terhi Maczulskij, 2016. "Higher education and public sector employment: evidence from Finnish data on twins," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5), pages 605-619, September.
- Menna, Khaled & Lassassi, Moundir, 2016. "المرأة الماكثة في البيت في الجزائر: قدرات منسية؟! [The Housewives In Algeria: Forgotten Capacities?]," MPRA Paper 85421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1994. "Public Sector Growth and Labor Market Flexibility: The United States versus the United Kingdom," NBER Chapters, in: Social Protection versus Economic Flexibility: Is There a Trade-Off?, pages 223-264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pedro Gomes, 2009. "Labour market effects of public sector employment and wages," 2009 Meeting Papers 313, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ahmed Nawaz Hakro & Yaseen Ghulam & Shabbar Jaffry & Vyoma Shah, 2021. "Employment Choices and Wage Differentials: Evidence on Labor Force Data Sets from Pakistan," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 64(1), pages 199-216, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ilrrev:v:38:y:1985:i:2:p:211-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.