Estimating the price elasticity for demand for electricity by sector in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bohlmann, Jessika & Bohlmann, Heinrich & Inglesi-Lotz, Roula & van Heerden, Jan, 2016. "An economy-wide evaluation of new power generation in South Africa: The case of Medupi and Kusile," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 450-460.
- Tafadzwa Ruzive & Thando Mkhombo & Simba Mhaka & Nomahlubi Mavikela & Andrew Phiri, 2017.
"Elecricity intensity and unemployment in South Africa: A quantile regression analysis,"
1711, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Sep 2017.
- Ruzive, Tafadzwa & Mkhombo, Thando & Mhaka, Simba & Mavikela, Nomahlubi & Phiri, Andrew, 2017. "Electricity intensity and unemployment in South Africa: A quantile regression analysis," MPRA Paper 81717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adom, Philip Kofi, 2017. "The long-run price sensitivity dynamics of industrial and residential electricity demand: The impact of deregulating electricity prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 43-60.
- Huimin, Liu, 2013. "The impact of human behavior on ecological threshold: Positive or negative?—Grey relational analysis of ecological footprint, energy consumption and environmental protection," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 711-719.
- Fazıl Kayıkçı & Melike Bildirici, 2015. "Economic Growth and Electricity Consumption in GCC and MENA Countries," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(2), pages 303-316, June.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Taeyoung & Kim, Hyun Jae & Park, Kihyun & Roberts, Roland K., 2015.
"Regionally-varying and regionally-uniform electricity pricing policies compared across four usage categories,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 182-191.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Kim, Taeyoung & Kim, Hyun J. & Park, Kihyun & Roberts, Roland K., 2015. "Regionally-varying and Regionally-uniform Electricity Pricing Policies Compared across Four Usage Categories," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 204324, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Angelika Goliger & Landon McMillan, 2018. "The tipping point: The impact of rising electricity tariffs on large firms in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 032, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Inglesi-Lotz, R. & Pouris, A., 2012. "Energy efficiency in South Africa: A decomposition exercise," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 113-120.
- Angelika Goliger & Aalia Cassim, 2018. "Household tipping points in the face of rising electricity tariffs in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 033, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kohler, Marcel, 2014. "Differential electricity pricing and energy efficiency in South Africa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 524-532.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2012. "The sensitivity of the South African industrial sector’s electricity consumption to electricity price fluctuations," Working Papers 201225, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Anastassios Pouris, 2013. "On the causality and determinants of energy and electricity demand in South Africa: A review," Working Papers 201314, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordssectoral electricity consumption; price elasticity; energy economics; South Africa;
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pre:journl:v:14:y:2011:i:4:p:449-465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rangan Gupta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decupza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.