Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations and the Business Cycle: Evidence from Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Eswar S Prasad & Bankim Chadha, 1996. "Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations and the Business Cycle; Evidence From Japan," IMF Working Papers 96/132, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katie Farrant & Gert Peersman, 2005. "Accounting for the source of exchange rate movements: new evidence," Bank of England working papers 269, Bank of England.
- Nadenichek, Jon, 2000. "The Japan-US trade imbalance: a real business cycle perspective," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 255-271, September.
- Celine Gauthier & David Tessier, 2002. "Supply Shocks and Real Exchange Rate Dynamics: Canadian Evidence," Staff Working Papers 02-31, Bank of Canada.
- Britta Gehrke & Fang Yao, 2016.
"Persistence and volatility of real exchange rates: the role of supply shocks revisited,"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series
DP2016/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Gehrke, Britta & Yao, Fang, 2016. "Persistence and Volatility of Real Exchange Rates: The Role of Supply Shocks Revisited," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145752, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- José García-Solanes & Jesús Rodríguez-López & José Torres, 2011.
"Demand Shocks and Trade Balance Dynamics,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 739-766, September.
- José García-Solanes & Jesús Rodríguez & José L. Torres, 2007. "Demand shocks and trade balance dynamics," Working Papers 07-04, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- José García-Solanes & Jesús Rodríguez López & José Luis Torres Chacón, 2007. "Demand Shocks and Trade Balance Dynamics," Working Papers 07.10, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:99-114 is not listed on IDEAS
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2008. "Estimating exchange rate responsiveness to shocks," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 338-351, December.
- Imed Drine & Christophe Rault, 2009.
"Une analyse économétrique des sources de fluctuations du taux de change réel dans trois pays en développement. Le cas du Maroc, des Philippines et de l'Uruguay,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 60(6), pages 1421-1453.
- Imed DRINE & Christophe RAULT, 2009. "Une analyse économétrique des sources de fluctuations du taux de change réel dans trois pays en développement : le cas du Maroc, des Philippines et de l’Uruguay," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 135, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Siwei Goo & Reza Siregar, 2009.
"Economic Shocks And Exchange Rate As A Shock Absorber In Indonesia And Thailand,"
South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp72, January.
- Goo, Siwei & Siregar, Reza Y. Siregar, 2009. "Economic Shocks and Exchange Rate as a Shock Absorber in Indonesia and Thailand," MPRA Paper 16875, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rafiq, Sohrab, 2013. "Sources of time-varying trade balance and real exchange rate dynamics in East Asia," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 117-141.
- Frank Smets, 1997.
"Financial-asset Prices and Monetary Policy: Theory and Evidence,"
RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Philip Lowe (ed.), Monetary Policy and Inflation Targeting
Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Smets, Frank, 1997. "Financial Asset Prices and Monetary Policy: Theory and Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1751, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frank Smets, 1997. "Financial asset prices and monetary policy: theory and evidence," BIS Working Papers 47, Bank for International Settlements.
- Alexius, Annika, 2005. "Productivity shocks and real exchange rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 555-566, April.
- Dimitrios Malliaropulos & Ekaterini Panopoulou & Theologos Pantelidis & Nikitas Pittis, 2013. "Decomposing the persistence of real exchange rates," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1217-1242, June.
- Tao Wang, 2004. "China; Sources of Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations," IMF Working Papers 04/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Hyeon-seung Huh & Won Soon Kwon, 2015. "Sources of Fluctuations in the Real Exchange Rates and Trade Balances of the G-7: A Sign Restriction VAR Approach," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 715-737, September.
- Wang, Tao, 2005. "Sources of real exchange rate fluctuations in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 753-771, December.
- Agnieszka Stazka, 2006. "Sources of Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations in Central and Eastern Europe – Temporary or Permanent?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1876, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hoffmann, M. & MacDonald, R., 2001. "A real differential view of equilibrium real exchange rate," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 103, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Meng, Xiangcai & Huang, Chia-Hsing, 2016. "Nonlinear models for the sources of real effective exchange rate fluctuations: Evidence from the Republic of Korea," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 21-30.
- Biswajit Maitra, 2016. "Monetary, Real Shocks And Exchange Rate Variations In India," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 41(1), pages 81-103, March.
- Alexius, Annika, 2000. "Supply Shocks and Real Exchange Rates," Working Paper Series 117, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
More about this item
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfstp:v:44:y:1997:i:3:p:328-355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.