Managing Quantity, Quality, and Timing in Indian Cane Sugar Production: Ex Post Marketing Permits or Ex Ante Production Contracts?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Patlolla, Sandhyarani & Goodhue, Rachael E. & Sexton, Richard J., 2014. "Managing quantity, quality, and timing in Indian cane sugar production : ex post marketing permits or ex ante production contracts ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6975, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferrantino, Michael J. & Ferrier, Gary D., 1995. "The technical efficiency of vacuum-pan sugar industry of India: An application of a stochastic frontier production function using panel data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 639-653, February.
- Sudha Narayanan, 2012. "The Heterogeneous welfare impacts of participation in contract farming schemes: Evidence from Southern India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-019, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Dilip Mookherjee & Kaivan Munshi & Debraj Ray, 2001. "Inequality, Control Rights, and Rent Seeking: Sugar Cooperatives in Maharashtra," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(1), pages 138-190, February.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1982. "Moral Hazard in Teams," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 324-340, Autumn.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F., 2012. "Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 715-730.
- Sandhyarani Patlolla & Rachael E. Goodhue & Richard J. Sexton, 2012. "Price floors and technical inefficiency in India's sugar processing industry," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(1), pages 105-114, January.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Ruth Vargas Hill & Bart Minten, 2008.
"Quality control in nonstaple food markets: evidence from India,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 251-266, May.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Vargas Hill, Ruth & Minten, Bart, 2007. "Quality control in non-staple food markets: Evidence from India," IFPRI discussion papers 717, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 2016. "Quality Control in Non-Staple Food Markets: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:10715, eSocialSciences.
- Ferrantino Michael J. & Ferrier Gary D. & Linvill Carl B., 1995. "Organizational Form and Efficiency: Evidence from Indian Sugar Manufacturing," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 29-53, August.
- Mangala, K.P. & Chengappa, P.G., 2008. "A novel agribusiness model for backward linkages with farmers: a case of food retail chain," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 21(Conferenc).
- Mala Lalvani, 2008. "Sugar Co-operatives in Maharashtra: A Political Economy Perspective," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1474-1505.
- Singh, Sukhpal, 2002. "Contracting Out Solutions: Political Economy of Contract Farming in the Indian Punjab," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1621-1638, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:wbecrv:v:29:y:2015:i:3:p:606-630.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Oxford University Press to update the entry or send us the correct email address or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wrldbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.