Fiduciary Duties and Equity-debtholder Conflicts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bo Becker & Per Strömberg, 2011. "Fiduciary Duties and Equity-Debtholder Conflicts," NBER Working Papers 17661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bo Becker & Per Strömberg, 2009. "Fiduciary Duties and Equity-Debtholder Conflicts," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-070, Harvard Business School, revised Dec 2011.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feldhütter, Peter & Hotchkiss, Edith & Karakaş, Oğuzhan, 2016. "The value of creditor control in corporate bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 1-27.
- Bereskin, Frederick L. & Cicero, David C., 2013. "CEO compensation contagion: Evidence from an exogenous shock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 477-493.
- García Lara, Juan Manuel & García Osma, Beatriz & Penalva, Fernando, 2016. "Accounting conservatism and firm investment efficiency," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 221-238.
- Chu, Yongqiang, 2016. "Debt renegotiation and debt overhang: Evidence from lender mergers," MPRA Paper 72403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dain C. Donelson & Christopher G. Yust, 2014. "Litigation Risk and Agency Costs: Evidence from Nevada Corporate Law," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(3), pages 747-780.
- Yaniv Grinstein & Stefano Rossi, 2016. "Good Monitoring, Bad Monitoring," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 20(5), pages 1719-1768.
- Erwan Morellec & Boris Nikolov & Norman Schürhoff, 2018.
"Agency Conflicts around the World,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 31(11), pages 4232-4287.
- Erwan Morellec & Boris Nikolov & Norman Schürhoff, 2015. "Agency Conflicts Around the World," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 15-21, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Apr 2016.
- Norman Schuerhoff & Boris Nikolov & Erwan Morellec, 2016. "Agency Conflicts Around the World," 2016 Meeting Papers 923, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Morellec, Erwan & Nikolov, Boris & Schürhoff, Norman, 2016. "Agency Conflicts Around the World," CEPR Discussion Papers 11243, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bla:eufman:v:25:y:2019:i:1:p:3-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Colonnello, Stefano & Herpfer, Christoph, 2018. "Do courts matter for firm value? Evidence from the U.S. court system," IWH Discussion Papers 1/2016, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- repec:bla:jfinan:v:73:y:2018:i:5:p:2385-2423 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dennis, Patrick & Gerardi, Kristopher S. & Schenone, Carola, 2019. "Common Ownership Does Not Have Anti-Competitive Effects in the Airline Industry," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2019-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Couwenberg, Oscar & Lubben, Stephen J., 2013. "Solving creditor problems in the twilight zone: Superfluous law and inadequate private solutions," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 61-76.
- Gormley, Todd A. & Matsa, David A., 2016. "Playing it safe? Managerial preferences, risk, and agency conflicts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(3), pages 431-455.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:47:y:2017:i:c:p:46-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Favara, Giovanni & Morellec, Erwan & Schroth, Enrique & Valta, Philip, 2017.
"Debt enforcement, investment, and risk taking across countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 22-41.
- Giovanni Favara & Erwan Morellec & Enrique J. Schroth & Philip Valta, 2013. "Debt Enforcement, Investment, and Risk Taking Across Countries," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 13-64, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Hutchinson, Marion & Seamer, Michael & Chapple, Larelle (Ellie), 2015. "Institutional Investors, Risk/Performance and Corporate Governance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 31-52.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:56:y:2019:i:c:p:38-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:corfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:318-332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Woon Sau Leung & Wei Song & Jie Chen, 2018. "Does Bank Stakeholder Orientation Enhance Financial Stability? Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Working Papers 2018-14, Swansea University, School of Management.
- Jagadison K. Aier & Long Chen & Mikhail Pevzner, 2014. "Debtholders’ Demand for Conservatism: Evidence from Changes in Directors’ Fiduciary Duties," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(5), pages 993-1027, December.
- Banerjee, Suman & Humphery-Jenner, Mark, 2016. "Directors’ duties of care and the value of auditing," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 1-14.
- Daniel Ferreira & Miguel A. Ferreira & Beatriz Mariano, 2018. "Creditor Control Rights and Board Independence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 73(5), pages 2385-2423, October.
More about this item
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:25:y:2012:i:6:p:1931-1969. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.