Corporate social responsibility in the food sector
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is of high relevance for food companies as this sector has a strong impact and a high dependence on the economy, the environment and on society. CSR's threats and opportunities are increasingly shifting from the single-firm level to food supply chains and food networks. This induces substantial challenges for the future due to firm heterogeneity and the associated diversity in CSR approaches. , Oxford University Press.
Volume (Year): 38 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK|
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://www.erae.oupjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.co.uk/journals|
- Roberto Furesi & Fabio A. Madau & Pietro Pulina, 2013. "Potere della distribuzione moderna nelle filiere agroalimentari: il caso dell’olio d’oliva in Italia," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 15(1), pages 123-143.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00736551 is not listed on IDEAS
- Annalisa De Boni & Pietro Pulina & Rocco Roma, 2016. "Adaptation processes of agro-food companies toward responsibility," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 18(1), pages 13-38.
- Seroka-Stolka, Oksana, 2013. "Environmental Corporate Social Responsibility (ecsr) in Polish food sector enterprises from czÄ™stochowa region â€“ empirical analysis," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 7(4-5).
- Heinen, Sarah & Hartmann, Monika, 2013. "Corporate Social Responsibility in the German Pork Industry: Relevance and Determinants," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164733, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Klink, Jeanette & Hecht, Stefanie & Langen, Nina & Hartmann, Monika, 2014. "Sustainability as Sales Argument in the Fruit Juice Industry? An Analysis of On-Product Communication," 2014 International European Forum, February 17-21, 2014, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 199065, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Heikkurinen, Pasi & Jalkanen, Lotta & Jarvela, Katja & Jarvinen, Maija & Katajajuuri, Juha-Matti & Koistinen, Laura & Kotro, Jaana & Makela, Johanna & Pesonen, Hanna-Leena & Riipi, Inkeri & Ulvila, Ku, 2012. "Corporate Responsibility in the Food Chain: The Criteria and Indicators," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144988, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Mueller, Henrike & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2014. "Influences on consumer attitudes towards CSR in agribusiness," 2014 AAEA/EAAE/CAES Joint Symposium: Social Networks, Social Media and the Economics of Food, May 29-30, 2014, Montreal, Canada 166108, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Canadian Agricultural Economics Society;European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cosmina Bradu & Jacob Orquin & John Thøgersen, 2014. "The Mediated Influence of a Traceability Label on Consumer’s Willingness to Buy the Labelled Product," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 283-295, October.
- Werner Hediger, 2013. "From Multifunctionality and Sustainability of Agriculture to the Social Responsibility of the Agri-food System," Journal of Socio-Economics in Agriculture (Until 2015: Yearbook of Socioeconomics in Agriculture), Swiss Society for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology, vol. 6(1), pages 59-80.
- Langen, Nina & Hartmann, Monika, 2012. "Chocolate Brands’ Communication of Corporate Social Responsibility in Germany," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144990, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Klink, Jeanette & Langen, Nina & Hecht, Stefanie & Hartmann, Monika, 2014. "Sustainability as Sales Argument in the Fruit Juice Industry? An Analysis of On-Product Communication," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 5(3).
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012. "Signaling Corporate Social Responsibility: Third-Party Certification vs. Brands," PSE Working Papers halshs-00736551, HAL.
- Etilé, Fabrice & Teyssier, Sabrina, 2013.
"Corporate social responsibility and the economics of consumer social responsibility,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
Editions NecPlus, vol. 94(02), pages 221-259, June.
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2013. "Corporate social responsibility and the economics of consumer social responsibility," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 94(2), pages 221-259.
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012. "Corporate Social Responsibility and the Economics of Consumer Social Responsibility," Working Papers hal-00749355, HAL.
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2013. "Corporate social responsibility and the economics of consumer social responsibility," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00879782, HAL.
- Lixin Shen & Kannan Govindan & Madan Shankar, 2015. "Evaluation of Barriers of Corporate Social Responsibility Using an Analytical Hierarchy Process under a Fuzzy Environment—A Textile Case," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-22, March.
- Sabrina Teyssier & Fabrice Etilé & Pierre Combris, 2012. "Social- and Self-Image Concerns in Fair-Trade Consumption: Evidence from Experimental Auctions for Chocolate," PSE Working Papers halshs-00722592, HAL.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Van Herck, Kristine & Vandemoortele, Thijs, 2012. "The Experience Economy as the Future for European Agriculture and Food?," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 1, April.
- Jo Swinnen & Kristine Van Herck & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2012. "The Experience Economy as the Future for European Agriculture and Food?," LICOS Discussion Papers 31312, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Fabrice Etilé & Sabrina Teyssier, 2012. "Signaling Corporate Social Responsibility: Third-Party Certification vs. Brands," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00736551, HAL.
- Hartmann, Monika & Klink, Jeanette & Simons, Johannes, 2015. "Cause related marketing in the German retail sector: Exploring the role of consumers’ trust," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 108-114.
- Marco Costanigro & Oana Deselnicu & Dawn Thilmany McFadden, 2016. "Product differentiation via corporate social responsibility: consumer priorities and the mediating role of food labels," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(3), pages 597-609, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:erevae:v:38:y:2011:i:3:p:297-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed