Arbitrator Compromise in Final Offer Arbitration: Evidence from Major League Baseball
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holmes, Paul, 2011. "New evidence of salary discrimination in major league baseball," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 320-331, June.
- Marc Lavoie & Gilles Grenier & Serge Coulombe, 1987. "Discrimination and Performance Differentials in the National Hockey League," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 13(4), pages 407-422, December.
- Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis & James Richard Hill, 2014.
"Compensation discrimination in the NFL: an analysis of career earnings,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(10), pages 679-682, July.
- Johnny Ducking & Peter A. Groothuis & James Richard Hill, 2013. "Compensation Discrimination in the NFL: An Analysis of Career Earnings," Working Papers 13-25, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- J. C. H. Jones & William D. Walsh, 1988. "Salary Determination in the National Hockey League: The Effects of Skills, Franchise Characteristics, and Discrimination," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(4), pages 592-604, July.
- Örn B. Bodvarsson & Raymond T. Brastow, 1999. "A Test Of Employer Discrimination In The Nba," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(2), pages 243-255, April.
- Mark C. Berger & Dan A. Black, 1998.
"The Duration Of Medicaid Spells: An Analysis Using Flow And Stock Samples,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 667-675, November.
- Mark C. Berger & Dan A. Black, 1996. "The Duration of Medicaid Spells: An Analysis Using Flow and Stock Samples," HEW 9604003, EconWPA.
- Hoang, Ha & Rascher, Dan, 1999. "The NBA, Exit Discrimination, and Career Earnings," MPRA Paper 3542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Howard Bodenhorn & Carolyn Moehling & Gregory N. Price, 2012.
"Short Criminals: Stature and Crime in Early America,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 393-419.
- Howard Bodenhorn & Carolyn Moehling & Gregory N. Price, 2010. "Short Criminals: Stature and Crime in Early America," NBER Working Papers 15945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Pitts & Daniel Yost, 2013. "Racial Position Segregation in Intercollegiate Football: Do Players become more Racially Segregated as they Transition from High School to College?," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 207-230, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jahn Hakes & Chad Turner, 2011.
"Pay, productivity and aging in Major League Baseball,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 61-74, February.
- Turner, Chad & Hakes, Jahn, 2007. "Pay, productivity and aging in Major League Baseball," MPRA Paper 4326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klement, Alon & Neeman, Zvika, 2011. "Private Selection and Arbitration Neutrality," Working Paper Series 4074, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- J. Richard Hill & Nicholas A. Jolly, 2014. "Negotiated Settlement Under Mlb Final-Offer Salary Arbitration System," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(2), pages 533-543, April.
- John D. Burger & Richard D. Grayson & Stephen J.K. Walters, 2006. "Initial Public Offerings of Ballplayers," Working Papers 0624, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Turner, Chad & Hakes, Jahn Karl, 2007. "The Collective Bargaining Effects of NBA Player Productivity Dynamics," MPRA Paper 5058, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- J52 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Dispute Resolution: Strikes, Arbitration, and Mediation
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:42:y:2004:i:1:p:60-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .