Regulating Underground Industry: An Economic Analysis of Sports Betting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Earl L. Grinols & David B. Mustard, 2005. "Business Profitability and Social Profitability: Evaluating Industries with Externalities, The Case Casinos," Law and Economics 0509001, EconWPA.
- Oster, Emily, 2004. "Are All Lotteries Regressive? Evidence From the Powerball," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 57(2), pages 179-187, June.
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Philip J. Cook, 1989. "Selling Hope: State Lotteries in America," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number clot89-1, April.
- Melissa S. Kearney, 2005. "The Economic Winners and Losers of Legalized Gambling," NBER Working Papers 11234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, G.W. & Rubin, D. & Sacerdote, B., 1999.
"Estimating the effect of unearned income on labor supply, earnings, savings and consumption : Evidence from a survey of lottery players,"
99.34, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Guido W. Imbens & Donald B. Rubin & Bruce Sacerdote, 1999. "Estimating the Effect of Unearned Income on Labor Supply, Earnings, Savings, and Consumption: Evidence from a Survey of Lottery Players," NBER Working Papers 7001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Madhusudhan, Ranjana G., 1996. "Betting on Casino Revenues: Lessons From State Experiences," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 49(3), pages 401-412, September.
- Donald Siegel & Gary Anders, 2001. "The Impact of Indian Casinos on State Lotteries: A Case Study of Arizona," Public Finance Review, , vol. 29(2), pages 139-147, March.
- Madhusudhan, Ranjana G., 1996. "Betting on Casino Revenues: Lessons From State Experiences," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(3), pages 401-12, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nye:nyervw:v:36:y:2005:i:1:p:65-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eryk Wdowiak). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nyseaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.