Role of Remittances on Rural Poverty in Nepal-Evidence from Cross-Section Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramesh C. Paudel, 2019. "Exports Performance of Nepal: What Can Be Done?," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 6(5), pages 92-103, September.
- Ramesh Chandra Paudel & Kankesu Jayanthakumaran, 2009. "Financial Liberalization and Performance in Sri Lanka," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 10(1), pages 127-156, January.
- Muhammad Asif Shamim & Dr.Iqbal Ahmed Panhwar & Syed Muhammad Ahsan Rizvi & Ehsan Ahmed Shaikh, 2015. "Impact Of Remittances On Export Performance : Time Series Evidence From Pakistan," IBT Journal of Business Studies (JBS), Ilma University, Faculty of Management Science, vol. 11(2), pages 123-135.
- Chandan Sapkota, 2013. "Remittances in Nepal: Boon or Bane?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(10), pages 1316-1331, October.
- Mamta B. Chowdhury & Fazle Rabbi, 2014. "Workers' remittances and Dutch Disease in Bangladesh," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 455-475, June.
- Muhammad Asif Shamim & Dr.Iqbal Ahmed Panhwar & Syed Muhammad Ahsan Rizvi & Ehsan Ahmed Shaikh, 2015. "Impact Of Remittances On Export Performance : Time Series Evidence From Pakistan," IBT Journal of Business Studies (JBS), Ilma University, Faculty of Management Science, vol. 11(2), pages 11-10.
- Magda Kandil & Ida A. Mirzaie, 2008. "The Impact Of Capital and Remittance Flows on Economic Performance in MENA Countries," Working Papers 440, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ramesh Chandra Paudel & Tara Prasad Bhusal, 2021. "Role of Workers Remittances in Export Performance of Nepal: Gravity Modelling Approach," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Economic Research Department, vol. 33(1-2), pages 1-13, October.
- Dambar Uprety, 2017. "The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth in Nepal," Journal of Development Innovations, KarmaQuest International, vol. 1(1), pages 114-134, February.
- repec:kqi:journl:2017-1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muntasir Murshed & Seemran Rashid, 2020.
"An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease Phenomenon in South Asia,"
The Economics and Finance Letters, Conscientia Beam, vol. 7(1), pages 23-46.
- Murshed, Muntasir & Rashid, Seemran, 2020. "An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease phenomenon in South Asia," MPRA Paper 98756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tomoya Suzuki, 2019. "Counterfactual Inflation Targeting in Nepal," South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, , vol. 8(2), pages 97-117, December.
- Anupam Das & Murshed Chowdhury, 2019. "Macroeconomic impacts of remittances in Bangladesh: The role of reverse flows," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 48(3), November.
- Kapri, Kul & Ghimire, Shankar, 2020. "Migration, remittance, and agricultural productivity: Evidence from the Nepal Living Standard Survey," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 19(C).
- Zhang, Wei-Wei & Sadiq, Ramla & Khan, Tahseen Mohsan & Khan, Muhammad Mohsan, 2021. "Policy implications of remittances, trade liberalization and Dutch disease – A comparative analysis based on income categorization," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Aziz, M. Nusrate & Sen, Somnath & Sun, Puyang & Wu, Lichao, 2015. "Migrant Workers’ Remittances and Economic Growth: The Role of Financial Development," MPRA Paper 66992, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dhruba Bhandari, 2020. "Are Households Utilizing Remittance on Quality Education? An Empirical Study from Nepal," Journal of Development Innovations, KarmaQuest International, vol. 4(1), pages 179-195, July.
- Mehdi Chowdhury & Dragana Radicic, 2019.
"Remittances and Asset Accumulation in Bangladesh: A Study Using Generalised Propensity Score,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(6), pages 475-494, August.
- Mehdi Chowdhury & Dragana Radicic, 2018. "Remittances and asset accumulation in Bangladesh: A study using generalized propensity score," Discussion Papers 2018-05, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Hari Sharma & John Gibson, 2019. "Civil War and International Migration from Nepal: Evidence from a Spatial Durbin Model," Working Papers in Economics 19/06, University of Waikato.
- Paudel, Ramesh C. & Burke, Paul J., 2015.
"Exchange rate policy and export performance in a landlocked developing country: The case of Nepal,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 55-63.
- Ramesh C Paudel & Paul J Burke, 2015. "Exchange rate policy and export performance in a landlocked developing country: The case of Nepal," Departmental Working Papers 2015-05, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Sherif Maher Hassan, 2020.
"How does the flow of remittances affect the trade balance of the Middle East and North Africa?,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 248-266, July.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Sherif Maher Hassan, 2016. "How does the Flow of Remittances Affect the Trade Balance of the Middle East and North Africa?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6172, CESifo.
- Hao, Linna & Ahmad, Shabbir & Chang, Hsu-Ling & Umar, Muhammad, 2021. "Knowledge spill-over and institutional quality role in controlling Dutch disease: A case of BRICS countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Forsyth, Tim, 2021. "Time to change? Technologies of futuring and transformative change in Nepal’s climate change policy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 107544, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anupam Das & Adian McFarlane & Luc Carels, 2021. "Empirical exploration of remittances and renewable energy consumption in Bangladesh," Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 65-89, February.
- Thi Huyen Le & Yoshinori Nakagawa & Yutaka Kobayashi, 2021. "Conditions under Which Rural-to-Urban Migration Enhances Social and Economic Sustainability of Home Communities: A Case Study in Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(15), pages 1-18, July.
- Kamal Raj Dhungel, 2018. "The Link between Remittance and Economic Growth: An ARDL Bound Testing Approach," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Economic Research Department, vol. 30(2), pages 1-18, October.
- Sarker Masud & Islam Shahidul, 2018. "Impacts of International Migration on Socio-Economic Development in Bangladesh," European Review of Applied Sociology, Sciendo, vol. 11(16), pages 27-35, June.
- Erol BULUT, Abdiqadar Abdignani MOHAMED, 2018. "Remittances and Poverty Reduction in Somalia," Fiscaoeconomia, Tubitak Ulakbim JournalPark (Dergipark), issue 4.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittance; poverty; logit regression;
All these keywords.
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nrb:journl:v:33:y:2021:i:1:p:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nrbgvnp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Publication Division NRB (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nrbgvnp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.