“New” monetary policy instruments and exchange rate volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Cüneyt Akar & Serkan Çiçek, 2016. "“New” monetary policy instruments and exchange rate volatility," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 43(1), pages 141-165, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Arif Oduncu, 2011. "The Effects of Currency Futures Trading on Turkish Currency Market," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 5(1), pages 97-109.
- Ergun Ermisoglu & Arif Oduncu & Yasin Akcelik, 2013. "Rezerv Opsiyonu Mekanizmasi ve Kur Oynakligi," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1304, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Koray Alper & Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yörükoglu, 2013.
"Alternative tools to manage capital flow volatility,"
BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Sovereign risk: a world without risk-free assets?, volume 73, pages 335-352
Bank for International Settlements.
- Koray Alper & Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2013. "Alternative Tools to Manage Capital Flow Volatility," Working Papers 1331, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Mimir Yasin & Sunel Enes & Taşkın Temel, 2013.
"Required reserves as a credit policy tool,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-58, June.
- Yasin Mimir & Enes Sunel & Temel Taskin, 2012. "Required Reserves as a Credit Policy Tool," Working Papers 1224, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Mimir, Yasin & Sunel, Enes & Taskin, Temel, 2012. "Required reserves as a credit policy tool," MPRA Paper 39613, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Çiçek, Serkan & Akar, Cüneyt, 2013. "The asymmetry of inflation adjustment in Turkey," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 104-118.
- Engel, Charles, 1996.
"The forward discount anomaly and the risk premium: A survey of recent evidence,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 123-192, June.
- Charles Engel, 1995. "The Forward Discount Anomaly and the Risk Premium: A Survey of Recent Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koray Alper & Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2013.
"Reserve Options Mechanism,"
Central Bank Review,
Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14.
- Koray Alper & A. Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2012.
"Reserve Option Mechanism
[Rezerv Opsiyonu Mekanizmasi]," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1228, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Koray Alper & A. Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2012. "Reserve Option Mechanism
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Cai, Jun, 1994. "A Markov Model of Switching-Regime ARCH," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 309-316, July.
- Hamilton, James D. & Susmel, Raul, 1994.
"Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity and changes in regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 307-333.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to estimate Hamilton-Susmel Markov Switching ARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00083, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cüneyt AKAR, 2006. "Finansal piyasalarda krizlerin ve takvimsel faktörlerin volatilite ve getiri üzerine etkisi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 21(246), pages 41-53.
- Cem Karacadag & Roberto Pereira Guimarães, 2004. "The Empirics of Foreign Exchange Intervention in Emerging Markets; The Cases of Mexico and Turkey," IMF Working Papers 04/123, International Monetary Fund.
- Bansal, Ravi, 1997. "An Exploration of the Forward Premium Puzzle in Currency Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 369-403.
More about this item
KeywordsReserve option mechanism; Volatility models; SWARCH; Turkish economy; C32; E52; E58;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:empiri:v:43:y:2016:i:1:p:141-165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.