Comparative Dynamics in Perfect-Foresight Models
This paper analyzes the technique of comparative dynamics (Judd, 1982) for the computation of the impact of perturbations on a steady state in a perfect-foresight model. The accuracy of this technique is demonstrated by numerical simulation experiments. Moreover, the technique is generalized to discrete-time models. Citation Copyright 1998 by Kluwer Academic Publishers.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/10614/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Judd, Kenneth L., 1982. "An alternative to steady-state comparisons in perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 55-59.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1983.
"Short-Run Analysis of Fiscal Policy in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model,"
559, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Judd, Kenneth L, 1985. "Short-run Analysis of Fiscal Policy in a Simple Perfect Foresight Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 298-319, April.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1984.
"The Welfare Cost of Factor Taxation in a Perfect Foresight Model,"
643, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. "The Welfare Cost of Factor Taxation in a Perfect-Foresight Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 675-709, August.
- Robert J. Barro, 2012.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
CEMA Working Papers
568, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997.
"Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-1311, July.
- Bovenberg, A.L., 1989. "The effects of capital income taxation on international competitiveness and trade flows," Other publications TiSEM e64b6c96-399c-460f-9eff-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bovenberg, A. L. & Keller, W. J., 1984. "Non-linearities in applied general equilibrium models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 53-59.
- Bovenberg, A Lans, 1989. "The Effects of Capital Income Taxation on International Competitiveness and Trade Flows," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1045-1064, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:12:y:1998:i:2:p:115-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.