Economic Fluctuations, Market Power, and Returns to Scale: Evidence from Firm-Level Data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert S. Chirinko & Steven Fazzari, 1993. "Economic fluctuations, market power, and returns to scale: evidence from firm-level data," Research Working Paper 93-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- L. Lambertini & L. Marattin, 2016.
"On Prices' Cyclical Behaviour in Oligopolistic Markets,"
wp1064, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca Lambertini & Luigi Marattin, 2016. "On Prices' Cyclical Behaviour in Oligopolistic Markets," Working Paper series 16-17, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Elena Huergo, 1998. "Identificación del poder de mercado: estimaciones para la industria española," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(1), pages 69-91, January.
- Vencatachellum, Desire, 1998. "Endogenous growth with strategic interactions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 233-254, September.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Daniel J. Wilson, 2010. "State business taxes and investment: state-by-state simulations," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 13-28.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Steven M. Fazzari, 2000. "Market Power and Inflation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 509-513, August.
- Rotemberg, Julio J. & Woodford, Michael, 1999. "The cyclical behavior of prices and costs," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 1051-1135 Elsevier.
- Yosuke Okada, 2005. "Competition and Productivity in Japanese Manufacturing Industries," NBER Working Papers 11540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Altug, S. & Filiztekin, A., 1997.
"Estimates of the Returns to Scale for US Manufacturing,"
1997/24, Koc University.
- Altug, Sumru G. & Filiztekin, Alpay, 1999. "Estimates of the Returns to Scale for US Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 2121, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ghosal, Vivek, 2000. "Product market competition and the industry price-cost markup fluctuations:: role of energy price and monetary changes," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 415-444, April.
- PETER McADAM & ALPO WILLMAN, 2013.
"Technology, Utilization, and Inflation: What Drives the New Keynesian Phillips Curve?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(8), pages 1547-1579, December.
- McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2011. "Technology, utilization and inflation: what drives the New Keynesian Phillips Curve?," Working Paper Series 1369, European Central Bank.
- Peter McAdam & Alpo Willman, 2012. "Technology, Utilization and Inflation: What Drives the New Keynesian Phillips Curve?," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0912, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Warren, Paul, 2005. "Profitability of Canadian- Versus U.S.-controlled Enterprises," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2005030e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- H. Kim, 1999. "Economic Capacity Utilization and its Determinants: Theory and Evidence," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(4), pages 321-339, December.
- Jonathan L. Willis, 2003. "Implications of structural changes in the U.S. economy for pricing behavior and inflation dynamics," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 5-27.
- Kollmann, Robert, 1997.
"The cyclical behavior of mark ups in U.S. manufacturing and trade: new empirical evidence based on a model of optimal storage,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 331-337, December.
- Robert Kollmann, 1997. "The cyclical behavior of market ups in U.S. manufacturing and trade: new empirical evidence based on a model of optimal storage," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7636, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Zhang, Qiong & Yang, Hangjun & Wang, Qiang & Zhang, Anming, 2014. "Market power and its determinants in the Chinese airline industry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-13.
- Ines Perez-Soba Aguilar & Elena Marquez de la Cruz & Ana Rosa Martinez-Canete & Alfonso Palacio-Vera, 2006. "Capital Stock and Unemployment: Searching for the Missing Link," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_475, Levy Economics Institute.
- Todd E. Clark, 1995. "Do producer prices lead consumer prices?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 25-39.
- Sara Amoroso & Peter M. Kort & Bertrand Melenberg & Joseph Plasmans & Mark Vancauteren, 2010. "Firm Level Productivity under Imperfect Competition in Output and Labor Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3082, CESifo Group Munich.
- Warren, Paul, 2005. "Rentabilite des entreprises sous controle canadien par rapport aux entreprises sous controle americain," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2005030f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Christopher J. Nekarda & Valerie A. Ramey, 2013. "The Cyclical Behavior of the Price-Cost Markup," NBER Working Papers 19099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nlemfu Mukoko, Jean Blaise, 2015. "The Cyclical Behavior of the Markups in the New Keynesian Models," MPRA Paper 72478, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2016.
- Domenico Marchetti, 2002. "Markups and the Business Cycle: Evidence from Italian Manufacturing Branches," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 87-103, January.
- Chirinko, Robert S., 1995. "Nonconvexities, labor hoarding, technology shocks, and procyclical productivity a structural econometric analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 61-98.
- Waters, George A., 2007. "Regime changes, learning and monetary policy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 255-282, June.
- Joseph Plasmans, 2011. "Productivity and Competition from a Global Point of View," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Globalisation, Second Edition, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:9:y:1994:i:1:p:47-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.