An empirical application of stochastic volatility models
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jensen, Mark J. & Maheu, John M., 2010.
"Bayesian semiparametric stochastic volatility modeling,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 306-316, August.
- Mark J Jensen & John M Maheu, 2008. "Bayesian semiparametric stochastic volatility modeling," Working Papers tecipa-314, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Mark J. Jensen & John M. Maheu, 2009. "Bayesian Semiparametric Stochastic Volatility Modeling," Working Paper series 23_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Mark J. Jensen & John M. Maheu, 2008. "Bayesian semiparametric stochastic volatility modeling," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2008-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Salima El Kolei, 2013. "Parametric estimation of hidden stochastic model by contrast minimization and deconvolution," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 76(8), pages 1031-1081, November.
- Carmen Broto & Esther Ruiz, 2004.
"Estimation methods for stochastic volatility models: a survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 613-649, December.
- Broto, Carmen & Ruiz, Esther, 2002. "Estimation methods for stochastic volatility models: a survey," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws025414, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Pascale VALERY (HEC-Montreal) & Jean-Marie Dufour (University of Montreal), 2004. "A simple estimation method and finite-sample inference for a stochastic volatility model," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 153, Econometric Society.
- Athanasia Gavala & Nikolay Gospodinov & Deming Jiang, 2006. "Forecasting volatility," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6), pages 381-400.
- Yu, Jun & Yang, Zhenlin & Zhang, Xibin, 2006.
"A class of nonlinear stochastic volatility models and its implications for pricing currency options,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2218-2231, December.
- Jun Yu & Zhenlin Yang & Xibin Zhang, 2002. "A Class of Nonlinear Stochastic Volatility Models and Its Implications on Pricing Currency Options," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 17/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Roman Liesenfeld & Robert C. Jung, 2000.
"Stochastic volatility models: conditional normality versus heavy-tailed distributions,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 137-160.
- Liesenfeld, Roman & Jung, Robert C., 1997. "Stochastic volatility models: Conditional normality versus heavy tailed distributions," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 103, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Bauwens, Luc & Lubrano, Michel, 2002.
"Bayesian option pricing using asymmetric GARCH models,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 321-342, August.
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., 2000. "Bayesian Option Pricing using Asymmetric Garch Models," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 00a18, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- BAUWENS , Luc & LUBRANO, Michel, 2002. "Bayesian option pricing using asymmetric GARCH models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1569, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hardiyanto, A.V., 2007. "Daily Rp/USD stochastic volatility and the policy implication lesson," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 237-256, February.
- Dinghai Xu, 2009. "The Applications of Mixtures of Normal Distributions in Empirical Finance: A Selected Survey," Working Papers 0904, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2009.
- Omori, Yasuhiro & Chib, Siddhartha & Shephard, Neil & Nakajima, Jouchi, 2007. "Stochastic volatility with leverage: Fast and efficient likelihood inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 425-449, October.
- Damiano Brigo & Bernard Hanzon, 2008. "On three filtering problems arising in mathematical finance," Papers 0812.4050, arXiv.org.
- Dominik Bertsche & Robin Braun, 2017.
"Identification of Structural Vector Autoregressions by Stochastic Volatility,"
Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz
2017-11, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Dominik Bertsche & Robin Braun, 2018. "Identification of Structural Vector Autoregressions by Stochastic Volatility," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2018-03, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Audrone Virbickaite & Hedibert F. Lopes & Maria Concepción Ausín & Pedro Galeano, 2018. "Particle Learning for Bayesian Semi-Parametric Stochastic Volatility Model," DEA Working Papers 88, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Feldmann, David & Härdle, Wolfgang K. & Hafner, Christian M. & Hoffmann, Marc & Lepskii, Oleg V. & Tsybakov, Alexandre B., 1998. "Flexible stochastic volatility structures for high frequency financial data," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,34, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Dinghai Xu & John Knight, 2013. "Stochastic volatility model under a discrete mixture-of-normal specification," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(2), pages 216-239, April.
- Yasuhiro Omori & Siddhartha Chib & Neil Shephard & Jouchi Nakajima, 2004.
"Stochastic volatility with leverage: fast likelihood inference,"
2004-W19, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Yasuhiro Omori & Siddhartha Chib & Neil Shephard & Jouchi Nakajima, 2004. "Stochastic Volatility with Leverage: Fast Likelihood Inference," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-297, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Brigo, Damiano & Hanzon, Bernard, 1998. "On some filtering problems arising in mathematical finance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 53-64, May.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G. & Rossi, P.E.Peter E., 2004. "Bayesian analysis of stochastic volatility models with fat-tails and correlated errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 185-212, September.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Nardari, Federico & Shephard, Neil, 2002. "Markov chain Monte Carlo methods for stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 281-316, June.
- Ronald Mahieu & Rob Bauer, 1998. "A Bayesian analysis of stock return volatility and trading volume," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 671-687.
- Ibrahim Chowdhury & Lucio Sarno, 2004. "Time-Varying Volatility in the Foreign Exchange Market: New Evidence on its Persistence and on Currency Spillovers," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5-6), pages 759-793.
- Salima El Kolei, 2012. "Parametric estimation of hidden stochastic model by contrast minimization and deconvolution: application to the Stochastic Volatility Model," Papers 1202.2559, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
- Shirley J. Huang & Qianqiu Liu & Jun Yu, 2007. "Realized Daily Variance of S&P 500 Cash Index: A Revaluation of Stylized Facts," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 8(1), pages 33-56, May.
- Anna Pajor, 2009. "A Note on Option Pricing with the Use of Discrete-Time Stochastic Volatility Processes," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 1(1), pages 71-81, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:13:y:1998:i:4:p:333-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.