Demand of Insurance under the Cost-of-Capital Premium Calculation Principle
We study the optimal insurance design problem. This is a risk sharing problem between an insured and an insurer. The main novelty in this paper is that we study this optimization problem under a risk-adjusted premium calculation principle for the insurance cover. This risk-adjusted premium calculation principle uses the cost-of-capital approach as it is suggested (and used) by the regulator and the insurance industry.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Christian Gollier & Harris Schlesinger, 1996.
"Arrow's theorem on the optimality of deductibles: A stochastic dominance approach (*),"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 359-363.
- Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996. "Arrow's Theorem on the Optimality of Deductibles: A Stochastic Dominance Approach," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 359-363, February.
- Alexandru V. Asimit & Raluca Vernic & Riċardas Zitikis, 2013. "Evaluating Risk Measures and Capital Allocations Based on Multi-Losses Driven by a Heavy-Tailed Background Risk: The Multivariate Pareto-II Model," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Raviv, Artur, 1979. "The Design of an Optimal Insurance Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 84-96, March.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Schwartz, Nancy L., 1971. "Sufficient conditions in optimal control theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 207-214, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jrisks:v:2:y:2014:i:2:p:226-248:d:37193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.