Monetary policy and financial market expectations: what did they know and when did they know it?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1987. "The case for rules in the conduct of monetary policy: a concrete example," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sep, pages 10-18.
- Evans, Martin & Wachtel, Paul, 1993. "Inflation Regimes and the," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 475-511, August.
- Charles T. Carlstrom, 1995. "A monetary policy paradox," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug.
- Michael J. Dueker, 1993. "Indicators of monetary policy: the view from implicit feedback rules," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 23-40.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John C. Robertson & Daniel L. Thornton, 1997. "Using federal funds futures rates to predict Federal Reserve actions," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 45-53.
- Söderström, Ulf, 1999.
"Predicting monetary policy using federal funds future prices,"
Working Paper Series
85, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Söderström, Ulf, 1999. "Predicting monetary policy using federal funds futures prices," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 307, Stockholm School of Economics.
- O. David Gulley & Jahangir Sultan, 2011. "Economics, politics and the federal funds markets: does the Fed play politics?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(14), pages 1005-1019.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy ; Monetary policy - United States ; Financial markets ; Federal funds market (United States) ; Federal funds market (United States) ; Interest rates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1996:i:jul:p:19-32:n:v.78no.5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.