Understanding and addressing the challenges of job loss for low-wage workers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman & Lance J. Lochner & Petra E. Todd, 2003. "Fifty Years of Mincer Earnings Regressions," NBER Working Papers 9732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ruhm, Christopher J, 1991. "Are Workers Permanently Scarred by Job Displacements?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 319-324, March.
- Paul T. Decker & Robert B. Olsen & Lance Freeman & Daniel H. Klepinger, 2000. "Assisting Unemployment Insurance Claimants: The Long-Term Impacts of the Job Search Assistance Demonstration," Mathematica Policy Research Reports a91d342072d34545ba240f269, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Lori G. Kletzer & Robert E. Litan, 2001. "A Prescription to Relieve Worker Anxiety," Policy Briefs PB01-02, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Robert J. LaLonde, 2003. "Employment and Training Programs," NBER Chapters,in: Means-Tested Transfer Programs in the United States, pages 517-586 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neal, Derek, 1995. "Industry-Specific Human Capital: Evidence from Displaced Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(4), pages 653-677, October.
- Browning, Edgar K, 1987. "On the Marginal Welfare Cost of Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 11-23, March.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert G. Spiegelman & Kenneth J. Kline, 1995.
"Do bonus offers shorten unemployment insurance spells? results from the washington experiment,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 245-269.
- Christopher J. O'Leary & Robert G. Spiegelman & Kenneth J. Kline, "undated". "Do Bonus Offers Shorten Unemployment Insurance Spells? Results from the Washington Experiment," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles cjo19954, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis G. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1997. "The return from community college schooling for displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues WP-97-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thakuriah (Vonu), Piyushimita & Persky, Joseph & Soot, Siim & Sriraj, P.S., 2013. "Costs and benefits of employment transportation for low-wage workers: An assessment of job access public transportation services," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 31-42.
- Piyushimita Thakuriah (Vonu), 2011. "Variations in employment transportation outcomes: Role of site‐level factors," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 755-772, November.
More about this item
KeywordsMinimum wage ; Unemployment ; Displaced workers ; Wages;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2005:i:qii:p:67-74:n:v.29no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .