The effect of market structure, regulation, and risk on banks efficiency: Evidence from the Gulf cooperation council countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdulazeez Y.H. Saif-Alyousfi & Rohani Md-Rus & Kamarun Nisham Taufil Mohd, 2018. "Oil Price and Banking Sectors in Gulf Cooperation Council Economies before and after the Global Financial Turmoil: Descriptive Analysis," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 89-101.
- Saleh, Ali Salman & Moradi-Motlagh, Amir & Zeitun, Rami, 2020. "What are the drivers of inefficiency in the Gulf Cooperation Council banking industry? A comparison between conventional and Islamic banks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Saif-Alyousfi, Abdulazeez Y.H. & Saha, Asish & Md-Rus, Rohani, 2020. "The impact of bank competition and concentration on bank risk-taking behavior and stability: Evidence from GCC countries," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Nupur Moni Das & Bhabani Sankar Rout, 2020. "Banks’ capital adequacy ratio: a panacea or placebo," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 47(3), pages 303-318, September.
- Adesina, Kolade Sunday, 2019. "Bank technical, allocative and cost efficiencies in Africa: The influence of intellectual capital," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 419-433.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk-taking; Regulations; Market power; Bank efficiency; GCC banks;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:jespps:v:41:y:2014:i:3:p:405-430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emerald.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.