Modelling accumulation: A theoretical and empirical application of the accelerator principle under uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Palley, 2003. "Asset Price Bubbles and the Case for Asset-Based Reserve Requirements," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 53-72.
- Davidson, Paul, 1972. "Money and the Real World," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 101-115, March.
- Anat R. Admati & Peter M. DeMarzo & Martin F. Hellwig & Paul Pfleiderer, 2010.
"Fallacies, Irrelevant Facts, and Myths in the Discussion of Capital Regulation: Why Bank Equity is Not Expensive,"
Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods
2010_42, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Admati, Anat R. & DeMarzo, Peter M. & Hellwig, Martin F. & Pfleiderer, Paul, 2010. "Fallacies, Irrelevant Facts, and Myths in the Discussion of Capital Regulation: Why Bank Equity Is Not Expensive," Research Papers 2065, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Persaud, Avinash, 2009. "Macro-Prudential Regulation," ECMI Papers 1712, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Jan Kregel, 2008. "Using Minsky's Cushions of Safety to Analyze the Crisis in the U. S. Subprime Mortgage Market," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 3-23.
- Adrian, T. & Shin, H S., 2008. "Liquidity and financial contagion," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 11, pages 1-7, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Goodhart, Charles & Hofmann, Boris, 2006. "House Prices and the Macroeconomy: Implications for Banking and Price Stability," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199204595, June.
- Thomas Palley, 2007. "Asset-based Reserve Requirements: A Response," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 575-578.
- L. Randall Wray & Eric Tymoigne, 2008. "Macroeconomics Meets Hyman P. Minsky: The Financial Theory of Investment," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_543, Levy Economics Institute.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1992. "The Financial Instability Hypothesis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_74, Levy Economics Institute.
- Michal Kowalik, 2011. "Countercyclical capital regulation: should bank regulators use rules or discretion?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II.
- Korkut A. Erturk, 2006. "Speculation, Liquidity Preference, and Monetary Circulation," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_435, Levy Economics Institute.
- Peter Hördahl & Michael R King, 2008. "Developments in repo markets during the financial turmoil," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "Asset Price Bubbles and Monetary Policy: Why Central Banks Have Been Wrong and What Should Be Done," IMK Working Paper 05-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Bailey,Roy E., 2005. "The Economics of Financial Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521612807, March.
- Skander J. van den Heuvel, 2002. "Does bank capital matter for monetary transmission?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 259-265.
- Thomas Palley, 2004. "Asset-based reserve requirements: reasserting domestic monetary control in an era of financial innovation and instability," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 43-58.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniele Tori & Özlem Onaran, 2017. "Financialisation and physical investment: a global race to the bottom in accumulation?," Working Papers PKWP1707, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Arestis, Philip & Gonzalez-Martinez, Ana Rosa, 2016. "Revisiting the accelerator principle in a world of uncertainty: Some empirical evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 35-42.
- Tori, Daniele & Onaran, Özlem, 2017.
"The effects of financialisation and financial development on investment: evidence from firm-level data in Europe,"
Greenwich Papers in Political Economy
16089, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Daniele Tori & Özlem Onaran, 2017. "The effects of financialisation and financial development on investment: evidence from firm-level data in Europe," Working Papers PKWP1705, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- repec:bla:metroe:v:68:y:2017:i:1:p:194-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tori, Daniele & Onaran, Özlem, 2015.
"The effects of financialization on investment: evidence from firm-level data for the UK,"
Greenwich Papers in Political Economy
14068, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Tori, Daniele & Onaran, Özlem, 2017. "The effects of financialization on investment: evidence from firm-level data for the UK," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 18056, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Daniele Tori & Özlem Onaran, 2016. "The effects of financialization on investment: Evidence from firm-level data for the UK," Working Papers PKWP1601, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
More about this item
KeywordsÂ Accumulation; accelerator; uncertainty; conventions; Keynesian economics;
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:ejeepi:v:9:y:2012:i:2:p255-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katie Smith). General contact details of provider: http://www.elgaronline.com/ejeep .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .