The training and spread of managerial know-how, a comparative analysis of multinational and other firms in Kenya
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Saggi, Kamal, 1999. "Multilateral disciplines for investment-related policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2138, The World Bank.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003. "Human Capital and Inward FDI," CEPR Discussion Papers 3762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Saul Estrin & Klaus E Meyer, 2007.
"Determinants of Employment Growth at MNEs: Evidence from Egypt, India, South Africa and Vietnam,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 49(1), pages 61-80, March.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Klaus Meyer & Saul Estrin, 2004. "Determinants of Employment Growth at MNEs: Evidence from Egypt, India, South Africa and Vietnam," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-707, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Estrin, Saul & Meyer, Klaus, 2004. "Determinants of Employment Growth at MNEs: Evidence from Egypt, India, South Africa and Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 1272, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric, 2008.
"The environmental performance of firms: The role of foreign ownership, training, and experience,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 538-546, April.
- Matthew A Cole & Robert R J Elliott & Eric Strobl, 2007. "The Environmental Performance of Firms: The Role of Foreign Ownership, Training, and Experience," Discussion Papers 07-08, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl & Frank Walsh, 2016.
"Why Do Foreign-Owned Firms Pay More? The Role of On-the-Job Training,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISES AND HOST COUNTRY DEVELOPMENT Volume 53: World Scientific Studies in International Economics, chapter 3, pages 33-51
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl & Frank Walsh, 2007. "Why Do Foreign-Owned Firms Pay More? The Role of On-the-Job Training," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(3), pages 464-482, October.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2002. "Why Do Foreign-Owned Firms Pay More? The Role of On-the-Job Training," IZA Discussion Papers 590, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric & Walsh, Frank, 2007. "Why Do Foreign-Owned Firms Pay More? The Role of On-the-Job Training," CEPR Discussion Papers 6171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krüger, Ralf & Ahlfeld, Sebastian, 2005. "Ausländische Direktinvestitionen in Entwicklungsländern: Eine überschätzte Wachstumsdeterminante?," Discussion Papers in Development Economics 31, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Institute for Development Economics.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Mirza, Hafiz, 2000. "Factors affecting international joint venture success: an empirical analysis of foreign-local partner relationships and performance in joint ventures in Turkey," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl & Frank Walsh, 2007. "Why Do Foreign Firms Pay More: The Role of On-the-Job-Training," Open Access publications 10197/8053, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Teixeira, Aurora A.C. & Fortuna, Natércia, 2010. "Human capital, R&D, trade, and long-run productivity. Testing the technological absorption hypothesis for the Portuguese economy, 1960-2001," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 335-350, April.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2005.
"Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(4), pages 693-709, December.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2002. "Spillovers From Foreign Firms Through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 591, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gorg, Holger & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Spillovers from foreign firms through worker mobility: An empirical investigation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 89, Royal Economic Society.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2004. "Spillovers from Foreign Firms through Worker Mobility: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 463, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Contreras, Oscar F. & Carrillo, Jorge & Alonso, Jorge, 2012. "Local Entrepreneurship within Global Value Chains: A Case Study in the Mexican Automotive Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1013-1023.
- Peter Walkenhorst, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment, Technological Spillovers and the Agricultural Transition in Central Europe," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 61-75.
- Fosfuri, Andrea & Motta, Massimo & Ronde, Thomas, 2001.
"Foreign direct investment and spillovers through workers' mobility,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 205-222, February.
- Andrea Fosfuri & Massimo Motta & Thomas Ronde, 1998. "Foreign direct investments and spillovers through workers' mobility," Economics Working Papers 258, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fosfuri, Andrea & Motta, Massimo & Rønde, Thomas, 1999. "Foreign Direct Investment and Spillovers through Workers' Mobility," CEPR Discussion Papers 2194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01147485 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huu Thanh Tam Nguyen & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2014.
"Should the host economy invest in a new industry? The roles of FDI spillovers, development level, and heterogeneity of firms,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
14086, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Huu Thanh Tam Nguyen & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2014. "Should the host economy invest in a new industry? The roles of FDI spillovers, development level, and heterogeneity of firms," Documents de recherche 14-08, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Huu Thanh Tam Nguyen & Ngoc-Sang Pham, 2014. "Should the host economy invest in a new industry? The roles of FDI spillovers, development level and heterogeneity of firms," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01147485, HAL.
- P. Srinivas Subbarao, 2010. "FDI and Human Capital Development," Working Papers id:2737, eSocialSciences.
- Geoffrey G. Gachino, 2014. "Foreign Investment and Technological Spillovers in Kenya: Extent and Mode of Occurrence," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(3), pages 422-442, September.
- Sune Karlsson & Nannan Lundin & Fredrik Sjöholm & Ping He, 2009. "Foreign Firms and Chinese Employment," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 178-201, January.
- Fortanier, Fabienne & van Wijk, Jeroen, 2010. "Sustainable tourism industry development in sub-Saharan Africa: Consequences of foreign hotels for local employment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 191-205, April.
- Magnus Blomstrom, 1991. "Host Country Benefits of Foreign Investment," NBER Working Papers 3615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:oup:jafrec:v:26:y:2017:i:1:p:24-51. is not listed on IDEAS
- Kunal Dasgupta, 2009. "Learning, Knowledge Diffusion and the Gains from Globalization," Working Papers tecipa-364, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Sotiris Blanas & Adnan Seric & Christian Viegelahn, 2017. "Jobs, FDI and Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Firm-Level Data," Working Papers 152465485, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Lawrence Kaufmann, 1997. "A Model of Spillovers Through Labor Recruitment," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 13-33.
- Rogério Dias de Araújo & Marco Aurélio Alves de Mendonça, 2006. "Mobilidade De Trabalhadores E Efeitos De Transbordamento Entre Empresas Transnacionais E Domésticas," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 129, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:15:y:1987:i:7:p:931-939. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.