The comparative performance of foreign and domestic firms in Brazil
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Fischer, Bernhard & Herken-Krauer, Juan-Carlos & Lücke, Matthias & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 1988. "Capital-intensive industries in newly industrializing countries: the case of the Brazilian automobile and steel industries," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 411, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Athukorala, Premachandra & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Oczkowski, Edward, 1995. "Multinational firms and export performance in developing countries: Some analytical issues and new empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 109-122, February.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & DEC, 1994. "Do domestic firms benefit from foreign direct investment? Evidence from panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1248, The World Bank.
- Christian Bellak, 2001. "Multinational Enterprises and Their Domestic Counterparts: Past Research, Current Issues and Future Directions," Working Papers geewp18, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Chhibber, Pradeep K & Majumdar, Sumit K, 1999. "Foreign Ownership and Profitability: Property Rights, Control, and the Performance of Firms in Indian Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 209-238, April.
- George Anastassopoulos, 2003. "MNE subsidiaries versus domestic enterprises: an analysis of their ownership and location-specific advantages," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(13), pages 1505-1514.
- Christian Bellak, 2004.
"How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does it Matter?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 483-514, 09.
- Christian Bellak, 2004. "How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does It Matter?," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp087, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Bellak, Christian, 2004. "How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does It Matter?," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 862, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Koirala, Govinda P. & Koshal, Rajindar K., 1999. "Productivity and technology in Nepal:: An analysis of foreign and domestic firms," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 605-618.
- George Anastassopoulos, 2004. "Profitability differences between MNE subsidiaries and domestic firms: The case of the food industry in Greece," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 45-60.
- Bamiatzi, Vassiliki & Cavusgil, Salih Tamer & Jabbour, Liza & Sinkovics, Rudolf R., 2014. "Does business group affiliation help firms achieve superior performance during industrial downturns? An empirical examination," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 195-211.
- Jiang, Marshall S. & Branzei, Oana & Xia, Jun, 2016. "DIY: How internationalization shifts the locus of indigenous innovation for Chinese firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 662-674.
- Sonali Deraniyagala, 2001. "Adaptive technology strategies and technical efficiency: Evidence from the Sri Lankan agricultural machinery industry," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 59-71.
- Tatiana Varcholova & Stela Beslerova, 2013. "Ownership Structure And Company Performance – Research And Literature Review," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 9(2), pages 24-33, October.
- Rodrigo Sabbatini & Andrés López & Daniel Chudnovsky & Celio Hiratuka & Mariano Francisco Laplane, 2002. "Integración regional e inversión extranjera directa: El caso del MERCOSUR," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 7538 edited by Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID), February.
- Ahmed Fayez Abdelgouad & Christian Pfeifer & John P Weche GelÃ¼bcke, 2015. "Ownership structure and firm performance in the Egyptian manufacturing sector," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2197-2212.
- Ahmed Fayez Abdelgouad & Christian Pfeifer & John P. Weche Gelübcke, 2014. "Ownership Structure and Firm Performance in the Egyptian Manufacturing Sector," Working Paper Series in Economics 328, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Zorica Kalezić, 2015. "Ownership Concentration and Firm Performance in Transition Economies: Evidence from Montenegro," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 4(3), pages 5-64.
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0041-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Almas Heshmati & Rachid El-Rhinaoui, 2009. "Effects of Ownership and Market Share on Performance of Mobile Operators in MENA Region," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200921, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2009.
- Anjali Kumar & Manuela Francisco, 2005. "Enterprise Size, Financing Patterns, and Credit Constraints in Brazil : Analysis of Data from the Investment Climate Assessment Survey," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7330.
- repec:rze:efinan:v:9:y:2012:i:2:p:24-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investments and Technology Transfers in Development: A Perspective on Recent Literature," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 06, United Nations University - INTECH.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:14:y:1986:i:4:p:489-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed