Comparing technological hype cycles: Towards a theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirkels, Arjan, 2016. "Biomass boom or bubble? A longitudinal study on expectation dynamics," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 83-96.
- repec:wsi:ijitmx:v:14:y:2017:i:02:n:s0219877017400120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wilson, Charlie & Hargreaves, Tom & Hauxwell-Baldwin, Richard, 2017. "Benefits and risks of smart home technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 72-83.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:129:y:2018:i:c:p:76-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dedehayir, Ozgur & Steinert, Martin, 2016. "The hype cycle model: A review and future directions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 28-41.
- Jun, Seung-Pyo & Sung, Tae-Eung & Park, Hyun-Woo, 2017. "Forecasting by analogy using the web search traffic," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 37-51.
- Boon, Wouter P.C. & Aarden, Erik & Broerse, Jacqueline E.W., 2015. "Path creation by public agencies — The case of desirable futures of genomics," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 67-76.
- Garud, Raghu & Gehman, Joel & Giuliani, Antonio Paco, 2014. "Contextualizing entrepreneurial innovation: A narrative perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1177-1188.
- Hansen, Ulrich Elmer & Nygaard, Ivan, 2014. "Sustainable energy transitions in emerging economies: The formation of a palm oil biomass waste-to-energy niche in Malaysia 1990–2011," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 666-676.
- Silvestrini, Paolo & Amato, Umberto & Vettoliere, Antonio & Silvestrini, Stefano & Ruggiero, Berardo, 2017. "Rate equation leading to hype-type evolution curves: A mathematical approach in view of analysing technology development," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 1-12.
- Lyons, Glenn & Davidson, Cody, 2016. "Guidance for transport planning and policymaking in the face of an uncertain future," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 104-116.
- repec:eee:infome:v:12:y:2018:i:1:p:113-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:130:y:2018:i:c:p:69-87 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExpectation; Hype cycle; VoIP; Gene therapy; High temperature superconductivity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:80:y:2013:i:8:p:1615-1628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.