Asymptotic lower bounds of precise large deviations with nonnegative and dependent random variables
In this paper, asymptotic lower bounds of precise large deviations for non-random sums and random sums of nonnegative random variables (r.v.s) are derived under some fairly weak conditions. The obtained results are used to derive asymptotic lower bounds of precise large deviations in a multi-risk model. All the results we establish extend and improve the related existing results substantially.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Xijun & Gao, Qingwu & Wang, Yuebao, 2012. "A note on a dependent risk model with constant interest rate," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(4), pages 707-712.
- Liu, Li, 2009. "Precise large deviations for dependent random variables with heavy tails," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 1290-1298, May.
- Lin, Jianxi, 2008. "The general principle for precise large deviations of heavy-tailed random sums," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(6), pages 749-758, April.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Tang, Qihe & Su, Chun & Jiang, Tao & Zhang, Jinsong, 2001. "Large deviations for heavy-tailed random sums in compound renewal model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 91-100, March.
- Lu, Dawei, 2012. "Lower bounds of large deviation for sums of long-tailed claims in a multi-risk model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(7), pages 1242-1250.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:1:p:331-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.